Karasuno

You had tried so hard to deal with Karasuno's girls volleyball team. They were really nice, but none of them seemed all that invested in volleyball. You had given them a week and a half, before giving up and walking into the staff room to see if you could swap clubs, specifically if you could swap to the boys club. 

Kei had been appalled with this idea but you didn't really care about your irritating cousin's opinion anyways. You had gotten invitations to go to Shiratorizawa and Niiyama, but had ended up being sent to Karasuno, because it was easier for you to get there, and because your mum and aunt had both agreed it made no sense for you to be in the same year, in the same prefecture, and not at the same school. 

Kei was currently on your shit list for two reasons: one, he had been born and therefore you were at Karasuno, and two, you had been sent to Karasuno because of him and he hadn't spoken to you at school, ever.

Hinata had been talking to you, but mainly by text with Koji and Izumi. You would have been annoyed, but you knew he was so obsessed with volleyball he was probably just training.

After a quick talk with the very nice Takeda-sensei, you were delighted to find out there weren't any actual rules saying girls couldn't play on the boys team, but the height of the net normally discouraged it. After convincing him you could do it, he told you to get into your PE uniform and then go to the second gym. He was going ahead to talk to the captain and manager. After a quick change, you walked into the gym, Kei immediately noticing and facepalming. This of course brought attention to him, so he just pointed at you before going to get a drink.

There were some very loud reactions, unsurprisingly one of them was Hinata.

"[N/N]-CHAN!!!!!!! Come watch me spike! It's so cool now! How's the girls team? Are you the best? I bet you are! I'm going to be the best!" Hinata immediately shut up when a muscular boy grabbed his shoulder.

"[L/N]-san I'm assuming? Takeda-san said you wanted to join." A boy with silver hair and a mole beneath his eyes was speaking. You were pretty sure him and the one holding onto Hinata were the vice and captain. You bowed respectfully before speaking.

"Yes, sir. Please take care of me!"

"Wait... you're the libero! Why did you only join now?" A tall boy with pointy black hair and blue eyes was giving you an unimpressed look. You were trying to connect him to a name, and when you finally did, you recoiled in shock.

"Kageyama-san!?!? What are you doing here? And I was trying to play for the girl's team but I just couldn't do it. So I'm going to join this one."

"Boys aren't allowed on the girls team in high school. And I'm on the team obviously." Everyone was sharing incredulous looks, before Kei decided to speak.

"Wow King, you're even dumber than I thought. [Y/N], please join any other team. Especially since you seem to know shrimpy."

"Don't call me that! And I'm not dumb!"

"Stop antagonizing everyone Kei. We both know I'm way better at it anyways."

"Don't call Tsukki that!" A tall, but absolutely tiny compared to Kei, boy, yelled at you defensively.

"Shut up Yamaguchi." The newly named Yamaguchi looked slightly stunned, and very hurt.

"How do you know Kei then?"

"I'm his best friend! Who are you?" He looked quite aggravated, and... dare you say it?... jealous. Unfortunately the situation did not get cleared up when the dark haired boy, the one you think is captain, yelled.

"Shut up first years! [L/N]-san is going to be joining us, and the reason she was on the girls team is she is a girl, Kageyama-kun. Now get back to practice!" Kageyama looked absolutely stunned, as did Hinata, but it was not an unusual expression for the redheaded boy. The captain beckoned you over, and you quickly got out of the awkward situation with the other first years.