An uneventful afternoon...

2 weeks had passed since the practice match, and you were sitting against the wall in the gym, doing your maths homework until practice officially started. You were already in your training clothes, but you didn't really see the point in training before training started. Especially when your grades actually mattered to you. Kageyama was serving at an empty bottle, and Hinata was trying (and usually failing) to receive, much to Kageyama's irritation. After a particularly awful receive, Hinata had to go find the ball, and Kageyama did another serve, only for it to be perfectly received by a short boy with spiky brown hair. You immediately put away your homework, knowing nothing would get done now that Hinata and Noya had met.

"Are you shorter than me???" Hinata had gotten the ball, and decided to go with his usual tactless approach.

"Hey! You better watch what you say to me!"

"I'm sorry! May I ask how tall you are?"

"I'm 5'2", is that good enough for you?"

"Somebody to look down on! I haven't had the feeling since middle school."

"Shoyo shut up. I've been looking down on you for all of middle school anyways."

"DON'T BE MOVED TO TEARS!" Hinata was indeed wiping his face like he had started crying. Daichi, Suga and Tanaka walked in, happily greeting Nishinoya.

"Oh that's right, you've never met him. This is Nishinoya, he's in his second year."

"Nishinoya-senpai was training in the girls gym. He's a really good libero."

"Thanks [L/N]-chan! Your receives aren't half bad either. But the angry guy, who just served, I have a question! Which middle school did you come from?"

"Kitagawa Daiichi."

"That's an amazing school! No wonder your serve is so good. When we played against them in middle school we lost 2-1! They had someone who could serve even better than you could back then." You winced, assuming he meant Oikawa.

"What school did you go to then Nishinoya-senpai?" You didn't have much to compare to, seeing as no one on your team had ever played before, but beating Kageyama's team in a set sounded very impressive.

"Chidoriyama!" He stated proudly. You realised you had no idea if that meant anything, but Kageyama's reaction meant they were pretty good.

Why did you come to Karasuno? Was it because of coach Ukai as well?"

"Well... no." Noya gave you a sheepish glance. "Karasuno's girls school uniform is the hottest! And the girls aren't half bad either."

You sighed and grabbed the volleyball out of Hinata's hands, really not needing to hear every girl at the school be objectified at once. You went to sit on the floor near your bag, hitting the ball against the wall until you heard Nishinoya shout; "KIYOKO!!!" A slap resounded through the gym and Kiyoko walked over to you, giving you a small smile. You beamed at her, she was incredible really, you understood why everyone was in love with her. You had a pleasant chat with Kiyoko, completely tuning out the rest of the team. NIshinoya stormed past you, loudly slamming the gym door behind him, and you looked at the rest of the team in confusion. Suga gave you a look that clearly meant 'I'll tell you later' and so you started stretching.

Practice passed quickly, and after you were done cleaning and changing, you put your headphones in and sat down, waiting for Hinata and Kageyama so you could leave. Hinata was currently learning how to receive, for the 7000th time, and he still looked confused. Kageyama came and sat next to you, both of you laughing every time Hinata or Kei failed to receive. 

Yamaguchi was, of course, glaring at you every time you breathed basically. Finally, Nishinoya had to go home, which meant you could finally leave. You walked home with the rest of the first years, waving goodbye to Kei and Yamaguchi when they split off. 10 minutes later, Hinata's phone buzzed and he checked it, face quickly paling.

"I was supposed to buy something from the store! You guys go on, I'll see you later." He turned around, and you and Kageyama shared an awkward look before it went silent. You were nearly at his house when he spoke;

"Um... [Y/N]? What's your f-favourite food?" You glanced at him, his face was bright red, and his head was tilted at the ground, his hair covering his eyes.

"It's so hard to choose but I really love [F/F] and [F/F], what about you?"

"I like milk. But pork curry with an egg is my favourite food." You smiled, and kept talking about random things until you got to his house and said goodnight.

Kageyama's house was only about a kilometre from yours, and it was a well populated area, so you weren't worried. It being a well populated area did unfortunately mean there were people, and one of said people ran into you as you turned a corner. You hit your head hard, when you landed, and your vision went blurry as your contacts dislodged. You could also feel warm liquid spreading across your leg, although you didn't know what it could be.