Maharani Jaiwanta Bai

Maharani Jaiwanta bai was the chief consort and the first wife of Maharana Udai Singh, and her son's name was Maharana Pratap

Maharani Jaiwanta bai was the chief consort and the first wife of Maharana Udai Singh, and her son's name was Maharana Pratap. She was the daughter of Akhe Raj Songra Chauhan, a princely state of Jalore, Rajasthan.

Her name before her marriage was Jeevanta Kanwar which was changed after marriage. Jaiwanta Bai used to advise Udai Singh on political matters after the death of Maharana Udai Singh in 1572.

Jaywanta Bai was a brave, straightforward Rajput queen. She was an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna and never compromised on her principles and idealistic beliefs. She passed on her cherished principles and righteousness to Pratap who was greatly inspired by her.

She believed in ideas of true rajput. She was ready to do jauhar when Afghanistan people attacked the state of mewar.

Later in his life, Pratap followed the same idealistic and principles that Jaiwanta Bai did. Pratap became a great Rana (king). She gave morality to Pratap and he followed it due to which his name is written in the list of great people of our country. She played an important role in Pratap's life.

Jaiwanta bai had to face many problems. On one hand, Pratap was to be made the king and on the other hand, Rani Dhirbai Bhatiyani, the second wife of Maharana Udai Singh, wanted her son Jagmal Singh to be placed on the throne.

She took sannyasa after the marriage of Maharana Pratap and spent her last days in Dwarka, Mathura and Vrindavan. According to the bhil community of Rajasthan, she died in Chittorgargh in front of her God during her regular prayers.

Her story is not popular because people haven’t written anything on her. In India overall only 1 Para is dedicated to her life, which is very sad as she was the true queen.

Written by _Historywriter_
Edited by DrKanu

Written by _Historywriter_Edited by DrKanu