A little walk

[Hiii! I know it's been a while, my writing style may have changed a little but I hope you dont mind (◕ᴗ◕✿)]

------------------------------------

Kokichi must have fallen asleep at some time during the night, as he's woken by the feeling of something wet licking his nose.
"What..."
He murmurs, reaching out with his hand and squinting at what could be the source of the licking. It was Shuichi's bunny.
"Whatcha doing.. stupid.. heh"

Kokichi sits up slowly, he could hear birds chirping outside the slightly ajar window. His hands wander to the dark blue bunny in his lap, stroking idly.

There's a bang from the dorm kitchens and the ultimate supreme leader looks to the doorway in alarm. Was shuichi already up? He didn't even check his bed. Yeah, now that he looks at it there isn't an emo detective sleeping snuggly under the covers with- wait where's Checkers? Damn that pesky cat!

Kokichi throws the blankets off himself, the rabbit squeaking with annoyance, and races into the kitchen.
"Saihara-chan-?"

The Saihara in question was on the floor with a dish cloth in hand trying to mop up what seemed to be floor eggs.
"Ah.. good morning Oma. Did I.. wake you? I'm sorry.."
The navy haired boy went to pull his hat down when he realised it wasn't on. He blushes with embarrassment and busies himself with cleaning again.
"I-I was making breakfast and I must've knocked the pan and- well.."
Shuichi looked on the verge of crying. Over something so small too! Kokichi had half a mind to laugh at him, though his DICE family told him behaviour like that won't win you any friends.

Kokichi squats down next to Saihara, taking the cloth from him and chucking it into the sink
"That won't help much silly! I've done cleaning loads of times why I'm practically a veteran!"
Oma then straightens back up and rips some kitchen paper towel off a roll and resumes his position next to Saihara.
"You gotta pinch it like this! So you can pick up the mess not spread it around on the floor like some sort of weird tile massage."
Kokichi then skillfully cleans up the egg on the floor.
"See, no worries."
He smiles encouragingly at the other boy, flashing his dazzlingly white teeth as he does so.

Shuichi stands back up, opening a cupboard, taking a bottle of bleach and spraying the floor with it
"I guess, sorry I'm such a clutz, I always have been since I was young."
Shuichi mops the floor then leans on the side of the kitchen counter.

The ultimate supreme leader's smile softens, just a tiny bit.
"Don't beat yourself up ok? It was just a little accident and as I said no worries"
Kokichi pinches the bridge of his nose, smiling
"But jeez, how are you up even earlier than I?"

Shuichi's lips curve up shyly.
"I like going for walks in the morning sometimes. I like the smell of the dewy grass."

"Uh huh... Dewy grass... It's a nice smell I guess."
And that's when kokichi noticed Checkers. On the counter behind Shuichi, rolling around on his back with his belly up. Was this thing here to ruin his life? He didn't need everyone knowing his true feelings-
And then, Shuichi moved his hand to give belly rubs to the damn thing. Yet.. the moment his fingers entwined with the fur, the nicest feeling washed over Kokichi. Like all his anxiety had been washed away. It felt freeing. I guess he never realised what would happen if someone other than himself were to interact with his spirit animal.

"Um- soooo, you going on that walk then? I'll come with you!"
Anything to stop this feeling. He wasn't even sure what it was. It felt nice, but he couldn't let himself become addicted and drunk on the blissful feeling.

Shuichi blinks, then nods.
"Yeah, though you should go get dressed. I doubt you'd want anyone to see the great supreme leader in pajamas"
He chuckles quietly at his own joke. Sad, Kokichi thinks to himself. But.. a little bit adorable. Just a little.

Kokichi doesn't need telling twice as he bounds out the room and soon reappears in his usual get up of a white mock straight jacket and bandana.
"Let's go let's go!"
"Alright, come on then."
Shuichi leaves the kitchen first, then Oma follows, making sure to shut the door before Checkers was allowed to escape. The little bunny was at Saihara's feet, thumping it's foot. It could either be of impatience or unable to keep still. Kokichi could relate on the second one.
"Calm down YaoYao."
He heard Shumai murmur under his breath.

The pair leave the small dorm room and make their way down the hall. YaoYao was happily hopping by their pairs side, squeaking every so often.
"So Oma-kun, tell me about yourself. The introduction yesterday seemed a little untrustworthy."
As expected of the ultimate detective, always using such fancy and professional words and phrases!

Kokichi puts his index finger on his chin in thought.
"Wellllll... The bit about knowing how to get search histories was true, I've been leaning how to hack since I was 12! Had to, to get out of.. an unpleasant experience."
That's where that conversation rested in peace. Though the last comment piqued Shuichi's interest.

"Unpleasant experience?"
Saihara is here to revive the topic! How unlike him.
"If you don't wanna spill your gut to me that's ok! Don't feel pressured or anything-"
"It's fine."
Kokichi muttered, mood completely different now that they were a fair way away from the dorms. Every person they passed had a little animal in their arms or following them or in a backpack. Kokichi though had left his in the kitchen. Truth is, it's very hard to be without your spirit animal. Very painful if you get too far. Though Oma had been trained all his life to push the limits of this little problem.

"When I was younger I was put into an orphanage, highly secure. It was more like a science lab though, the children were the rats to test on. One day I had had enough and slowly began planning a way out with my friends. It involved hacking the systems and well, there you go. The reason why I know hacking. Oh and it's also veeeeery useful in the crime world."
He flashes a smile despite the growing pain and squeeze in his heart.
"Feel free to ponder what was true and what wasn't."

Shuichi looks quizzically at Oma
"I'm sure that little of what you said was real"

Kokichi's purple eyes crinkle at the sides.
"That's so cute of you Shuichi, ah how innocent you are!"

--------------------------------------
Word count: 1126
Thank you for reading and I'm so sorry I haven't continued this for a while... Though I noticed it got a little popular so why not continue? Next update time is debatable though..
I sorta lost interest in danganronpa for a while but I'm slowly getting back into it so don't fret my lovelies ( ꈍᴗꈍ)