Mischief and Lux: Part 2

1 YEAR LATER 

Jennifer had been living in Los Angeles for a year sense she awoke from her two year coma. The doctors and the police department attempted to help Jennifer find any family or friends that knew her but with no luck. After months of searching Jennifer decided to call the search quits. If someone really was looking for her, they would have found her by now. Jennifer decided the best thing for her to do was to move forward. She decided on the name of Jennifer Mason, no middle name. Because who really needs one right? 

She lived in a studio apartment in downtown LA with her cat Freya. Jennifer adopted Freya from the local shelter when she was released from the hospital. Not knowing if she was a cat person or not it was a hard decision. But Jennifer needed something to come home to. She needed someone or something to help her feel normal. And when she saw the tiny calico kitten with bright green eyes and a fluffy tail she fell in love. Freya was nearly a year old and loved Jennifer with her entire little body. Jennifer and Freya kept to themselves most of the time. Jennifer rarely had visitors. And if she did it was either a repair person or her friend Amanda from work. 

Jennifer worked as a receptionist/bartender for a popular art gallery also in downtown LA. It was an art gallery/nightclub. During the day artwork brought in from all corners of the world was displayed. People would fly in from across the globe to witness and purchase the art shown in Mischief and Lux. The title created by it's co-owners. Jennifer was looking for a job when she came across an add for a receptionist online. Amanda, being the manager of the place, interviewed her. They quickly became friends. Jennifer picked up working the front desk easily. She enjoyed working at Mischief and Lux so much that she decided to pick up a few night shifts as a bartender as well. Tips were good and she was a natural mixologist. She did so well on her first night Amanda sped up her training. Jennifer was a lively and happy person. She enjoyed socializing with both day and night guests but she kept to herself mostly when not at work. 

Jennifer sat on her small sofa with Freya sipping tea on a warm LA morning looking out her window at the bustling city. She was working the night shift tonight and knew she needed rest, but she just couldn't sleep. She was nervous. Her boss's were coming into town tonight.  The co-owners of Mischief and Lux had been out of town promoting their gallery/club in Vegas for the past few weeks. And before that they were scouring the lands and seas for new pieces of artwork for the gallery. They hadn't met Jennifer yet. Amanda had told them she hired a new employee but she didn't give much detail. And all Jennifer knew about the owners of her new job was their names; Loki Odinson and Lucifer Morningstar. Odd names she thought they had. But who was she to judge? They had a roaring business and everyone always spoke highly of them. 

Jennifer's phone buzzed and Amanda's name appeared on the screen. Jennifer picked up the phone. "Hey Amanda. What's up?" Jennifer asked through the phone. 

"Big boss's are coming back tonight. Dress to impress! You should be resting. You come in at 7." Amanda said. 

"Yeah. I know. Just a little nervous. I like this job. I want to make a good impression." Jennifer replied. 

"You got this Jen. Oh! Just so you know Loki is kind of well known so don't be surprised if people act weird around him. But anyways... how are you doing today? Any improvements?" Amanda asked. Amanda did this often, asked about Jennifer's memory loss. She knew it frustrated Jennifer a lot about the fact she couldn't remember anything. So she would ask if anything sprung a leak in Jennifer's subconscious.

"Nothing yet. I'll see you tonight." Jennifer said. 

"See you tonight!" Amanda said back. Tonight would be an interesting one. 

That evening Jennifer got ready for her bartending shift and decided on wearing tight black  leather pants and a white t-shirt. Simple yet she could dress it up. She pulled her hair into a high pony tail and threw on some red lipstick. She patted Freya on the head before leaving her apartment to head to Mischief and Lux. It was close to her apartment so she could walk. As she walked the sun began to set. It was fall in LA but it was still LA. Warm yet not too hot. She smiled at the sight of the orange and pink sky around her. Even though she didn't have her memories, she had this. Happiness. 

Jennifer approached Mischief and Lux and entered through the employee entrance in the back. The gallery was closing up and the nightclub was opening up. The lights to the massive club were dimmed and tinged with a hint of purple. The dark green leather couches around the massive space glistened as if recently cleaned. Jennifer walked over to the bar and placed her purse under the bar and then clocked in. She checked her lipstick in one of the massive floor to ceiling mirrors before starting to cut up various drink garnishes. Jennifer began to cut up some limes into wedges when she accidentally cut herself. 

"Ouch!" Jennifer said with a huff. She lifted her index finger and saw a small cut on it. 

"Oh, do be careful darling. Don't want blood in the cocktails." A silky voice sounded from behind her as she rinsed her finger under some cold water. Jennifer turned her body to face the voice. Leaning against the bar in an all black suit stood a man she didn't recognize. His pale skin and bright green eyes were accompanied by dark onyx curls that cascaded just past his shoulders. He wore a grin the size of a semi truck. "Cat caught your tongue my dear?" The man spoke again. 

"Uh... no. I just need to find a bandaid." Jennifer said searching until she found the small first aid kit under the register counter. "We don't open for another hour. Can I help you with something?" Jennifer asked. The man laughed then clapped his hands a few times. 

"I do believe I can enter my club whenever I choose." The man spoke. Jennifer's eyes widened. This was one of her boss's. "Loki Odinson. You must be the new bartender. Jennifer is it?" Loki extended his hand and Jennifer took it.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know what you looked like. And, it's just Jen." Jen said. She blushed at her embarrassing encounter then began to cut the garnishes up again. Placing them into several small bowls on the bar. 

"Well then, just Jen. I'll be seeing you. Try to be careful. Knives can be very dangerous." Loki said then walked away with both hands in his pockets. Jen thought for a moment. Why did he seem so familiar. 

A few hours later Jen was in full swing at the bar. She was pouring drinks and taking orders at such a rapid pace she was exhausted. The club was packed this night. Not only was it a Saturday night but it was also the night Loki Odinson and Lucifer Morningstar were back in town. And apparently that meant it was going to be a wild evening. It was about 10pm when people started to really flood into the club. The music was bouncing off the speakers and the drinks were flowing. The occasional overly drunk person already being escorted out by security. 

Jen was about to punch in another drink order to the computer system when a tall man in a dark  blue suit walked behind the bar and grabbed a bottle of whiskey off the top shelf. Jennifer was about to tell him to put it back when he held a finger to her lips. 

"Lucifer Morningstar. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I'll be taking this." Lucifer said then removed his finger from Jen's lips and looked down at the bottle's label. "Ah. This will be good." Lucifer said again smiling. He was tall, taller than Loki. He had short dark hair and stubble upon his face. He wore a ring on his hand and his eyes were dark and inviting. His voice similar to Loki's though in accent. British maybe? Jen didn't know. Jen held out her hand for Lucifer to take it and smiled. 

"Jennifer Mason. But Jen is fine. New bartender." Jen said introducing herself. Lucifer shook her hand with a wide smile. 

"Yes. Amanda told my business parter and I you were her newest hire. Welcome aboard. If you will excuse me I believe I am being summoned." Lucifer said then turned to the crowed. Loki was standing in a sea of dancers holding a half empty bottle of tequila motioning for Lucifer to come join him. Lucifer danced through the crowd and met up with Loki. The two took swigs of their bottles and danced with the people around them. They were obviously intoxicated and were having a blast. Jennifer turned to the other bartender Allen with a confused look on her face. 

"Are they always like that?" Jen asked Allen. 

"Always." Allen replied. 

Jennifer wondered for a moment. Why did Loki seem so familiar to her when nobody else did. And why was Lucifer so easy to talk to. She had only spoken to them for a few minutes each but there was a feeling in the pit of her stomach that something else was going on. But for now, she had to focus on the drunk patrons flashing their credit cards in her face. It was going to be a long night.