Mending Friendships: Part 26

"Why are you staying at your old apartment? Didn't you and your long lost husband shack up in a new place?" Amanda asked sitting across from Sigyn at a small coffee shop down the street from Jennifer Mason's apartment. The two had started to talk again after Sigyn returned from New York. The memories of Jennifer and Amanda's friendship were engraved in her mind. She couldn't just forget them. And if Sigyn was honest with herself, she missed her. A part of Jennifer still lived inside of her. 

"I know it's odd. But it feels more like home than the other place. It's a bit shocking to be honest. I am used to more of a lavish lifestyle. And Loki has given that to me. But..." Sigyn trailed off. She took a long sip of her coffee and looked out the window next to her at the people walking the streets of Los Angelous. Totally unbothered by anything but their destinations. Sigyn took another sip then continued. "I feel like I have changed a lot. Especially in the last few months." She said. Amanda tapped her fingers on the side of her coffee cup. Her rings hitting the cup making a soft noise. She was hesitant at first to start up a relationship with Sigyn. The woman she knew as Jennifer was long gone as far as she knew. And it was all very confusing to her. To lose her friend but gain another. And somehow they were the same person. Just one was your average human woman and the other a Goddess from outer space. But after some thought and some convincing from Lucifer she gave in. And she was glad she did. 

"I may not understand what you are going through. But you have changed. A lot. I admit I like the person you are now. Change can be a good thing, you know?" Amanda replied then took a sip from her cup. Jennifer nodded to her friend. It was nice to have someone normal to talk to every once in a while. Someone who was just there to listen and to be heard. Someone on the outside who could be there when you truly needed them. That was Amanda to Sigyn and Sigyn hoped she could be that person for Amanda. 

Amanda's phone rang and she picked it up from the table and groaned loudly upon looking at the screen.

"What?" Sigyn asked with a light chuckle.

"It's Lucifer he said I have to open tomorrow. But I close tonight! I'll never get any sleep." Amanda said then threw her phone lightly back on the table. 

"You need coverage tonight so you can get some rest? You do look exhausted." Sigyn replied. Amanda cocked her head to one side with a raised eyebrow. "What?" Sigyn asked. 

"You want to bar tend? Aren't you like too important and royal or something for a job like that? And do you even know how to bar tend?" Amanda asked. 

"I think I remember the basics." Sigyn said tapping her head with her forefinger. "And my stature is only recognized by those who are familiar with it. I am not above anyone. Not anymore." Sigyn said. Amanda nodded with a smile. 

"Your funeral then. I'll text Lucifer and let him know." Amanda said and got up from her seat. She pulled a few bills from her wallet and placed them on the table. "Only the wicked avoid tipping." Amanda said with a wink then sauntered off toward the door. 

"Your welcome!" Sigyn shouted after her. Amanda waved a hand in the air back to her. Sigyn sat back in her seat shaking her head. She looked out the window once more thinking to herself. Wondering if she made the right decision to take a bartending shift again. This would be interesting. 

That evening Sigyn entered Mischief and Lux wearing black leather pants and a low cut red tank top. Her hair was down in messy waves and she attempted to seem as normal as any other human bartending at a popular LA club. But it would be hard. Her temper was not always in check and when a drunk patron did something wild she would have to try her best to not snap and tear them apart. This would be the test. To tell if she truly did have herself under control. The night would tell. 

Sigyn walked to the back of the bar and spotted Allen at the other end cutting up limes. His eyes widened and he dropped the knife he had in his hand. He put both of his hands up palms out. 

"I come in peace." Sigyn said awkwardly to Allen. Approaching him cautiously. 

"How do I know your not here to kill me? You seem like the type of crazy bitch that would." Allen said not putting his hands down. Sigyn laughed lightly at that. "See! Only a crazy person would laugh at being called a bitch." Allen said grimacing at her laughter. Sigyn stopped walking toward him a few paces away. 

"I'm covering for Amanda. Okay? That's it. I'm not here to cause any trouble." Sigyn said and a drunk man grabbed her arm from across the bar. 

"Y-you gu-gunna make me a dr-r-ink or wha-t-t li-t-tle la-dy?" The man slurred. Sigyn turned her head fast and her eyes flashed bright yellow. She growled lowly at the man and he immediately stumbled back. 

"Your cut off." She said and flicked her hand in the air. A small yellow shimmering portal appeared above the man and it swallowed him hole. 

"Where did you send him?" Allen asked leaning over the bar to find no trace of the drunk man. 

"He's just outside the door. He's fine. See? Not here to cause trouble." Sigyn said placing a hand on her hip. She turned and cracked her knuckles. "Now. Who's thirsty?" She said and then winked at Allen. Allen sighed then starting cutting the limes again shaking his head. 

"Alrighty then. Just don't do whatever the hell that was to me. Deal?" Allen asked. 

"Deal." Sigyn replied.