Chapter 1

Elrond had been told of a large orc pack that was moving eastwards, so he decided to ride out with his trusted aides to meet them before the pack reached Weathertop and further to the shire.

It did not take long for Elrond to find the orc pack, who was resting, and he with his elves quickly killed them. It was an easy job but before he got back on his horse he heard a call from one of his men of an injured elf. Slowly he approached to see you, an elf half propped against a tree stump, you were injured severely, being completely knocked out, your hair was dirty and matted with blood. Immediately he knelt down and picked you up, moving you toward his horse and putting you up on it.

"Lestor, Sílon, '' Elrond called out. "Search the area and when finished return" the two of them nodded as Elrond headed back to Rivendell with you in front of him. Elrond wondered who you were and why you had been captured by orcs, usually, they would kill any and leave them to die. Elrond thought back to Celebrían, his wife and frowned, he did not want you to turn out the same way she had, none deserved the fate. Elrond shook his head as he rode into the courtyard of Rivendell and got off his horse, bringing you after him.

Immediately Lindir was at his side and bowed but looked confused at you. "My Lord" he said, clasping his hands behind his back. "Who is this?"

"That is a question I cannot answer for I do not know" Elrond said simply, reaching a room and laying you down. "Lindir please bring a bowl of cool water and a cloth" Elrond said, Lindir bowed and walked out as Elrond placed the back of his hand against your head, feeling your forehead burning up.

Lindir returned quickly and placed the bowl down with the rag. Immediately Elrond placed the cloth in the water, wrung it and started healing you. He worked slowly and methodically, using both magic and herbs to heal your wounds which were many and deep. Elrond focused on the healing, not letting his mind wander to questions and theories about you, it was important to keep focused, he thought, carrying on working.

Soon his healing came to an end and he placed the cloth into the bowl again, he had done all he could, now it was up to you. Now Elrond could focus on himself, washing the dirt and sweat from the battle from his body and redoing his hair, he now allowed his mind to wander to other things, including you. He wondered how you came to be captured by Orcs and where you came from, Elrond decided to write a letter to both Galadriel, Thranduil and the leader of the elves at the Grey Havens to inquire about the injured elf now in his charge.