Chapter One

Kathleen POV
Location - Boston, US

I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do, but I was pretty sure it had all been worth it. The amount of time and energy that I threw into my studies and the preparation it took to simply stand where I stood, couldn't beat any other feeling. From the moment I grasped back onto my flying cap I just couldn't comprehend the notion that my time at law school was over.

From the corner of my eye I see my two sisters and brother begin running straight in my direction, arms open extremely wide.

"Kathleen!!! You did it!!! AHHHHH," the three siblings practically scream at me.

Of course I start to feel tears flowing down my eyes as I ran towards them proclaiming, "I love you guys so much!!!!"

My mother and father follow from behind and join in the group hug. As much as my family drives me crazy, I simply wouldn't be where I am without them.

"Thank you guys so much, for everything and being the best family ever," I emotionally tell all of them.

The hugging and crying continue for some time and I truly can't believe how thrilled and honored I feel to be holding my diploma from BU law school.

"Alright that's enough crying, let's go eat," my father protests to the entire family.

Everyone agrees and the six of us make our way out of the arena and head onto the T. As our whole family goes through the sliding doors and is inside the subway car we all laugh and hold onto one another as we make our way through the underground tunnel. I am holding my graduation gap in one hand, with my graduation gown along my left arm.

About 15 minutes later we have arrived in the central city area and my family and I step off the train and walk out heading towards the stairs.

We arrive at a nice Italian restaurant that my sisters loved when they came to visit me a few months ago. We step inside and wait for our table to be called. When we're seated a sense of calm overcomes my entire being and I am glad to be surrounded by the people that I know and love best.

Just as I am in the moment enjoying my meal, my father breaks the silence and says, "you know what time it is?"

Ah yes, the "time to get a job talk." I don't blame him though, I worked really hard at school and now I need to get my resumes straight and start living my adult life.

While it's something I don't like engaging in I know he is absolutely right so I simply respond, "I know, and I'm ready to put myself out there."

"I'm glad to hear. You have a great degree and you need to put yourself out there."

"She will dad. She's an outstanding individual with an amazing work ethnic," my older sister Hannah proclaims to our dad. I smile to myself and feel a sense of overjoy in the moment. Hannah can be the most annoying sister but when it comes to sticking up for me and Emily - she's right there. She has always been the person I can count on. Someone I can always turn to. When I came out to my family 5 years ago she was the first one to truly embrace my sexuality and understand my love. My brother Michael and young sister Emily have been super supportive as well. Hannah was just one of the first people who truly held out her hand and accepted me for myself - from the very start.

"Trust me," I begin to tell my father, I worked way too hard for this degree, I'm not letting it go to waste."

My entire family shares a few laughs and my mom leans in to give me a kiss on my cheek. We may be loud and fight over the littlest things, but I love them dearly and will do anything to keep making them proud.