~Aʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ ᴏғ ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀᴀᴍᴇ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴇɴsɪᴛɪᴠᴇ~

Close to the New Year....

The dragonets from the nursery waited with bated breath as Tsunami, one of the many Heroes of Phyrria, landed on the shore of the beach they had been told to wait on.

"O-kay! Umm.... I'm Tsunami, the SeaWing Representative from JMA. I have the list of dragonets that were talonpicked for Lower Jade Mountain Academy, and the ones who applied and made it in."

The dragonets who had applied had their ears listening attentively in case they had been picked.

"First up, the talonpicked dragonets," Tsunami announced.

"Creek, Colorsplash, and Emerald. You have a choice in whether you wish to go."

Colorsplash froze. What? she thought. Unbelievable. There are hundreds of dragonets available for the SeaWing position. I didn't even apply!

"Now, those who applied."

"Arame, Bonito, Olivine, Lotus, Kipper, and Mizu."

There was a squeal of from Colorsplash's right. She turned her head to see Olivine, a green dragonet, jumping up and down for joy. Arame knew Olivi pretty well and had told Colorsplash that she had always wanted to go to JMA.

Colorsplash weaved her way through hundreds of dragonets as she sought out her friends for advice.

"Splash, over here!" Emerald shouted.

Colorsplash hopped around some crying dragonets whom she didn't know and ran to her friends.

"Are you going?" Emerald asked immediately.

Colorsplash shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't want to go at first, but Drizzle talked to me and I realised how great it kinda is. Like, meeting new tribes? Not really up my alley but I want tk try it. What about you?"

"I'm going. Definitely. I worry about leaving Brine and Guppy, though."

"Don't worry," Colorsplash reassured her cousin. "You know Uncle Bluefin and Aunt Akoya will take care of them just fine. And I could always ask Hydro to help."

For a one-year old dragonet, Emerald seemed to have a lot of responsibilities.

"I can't believe it!" Colorsplash heard her friend's voice and turned around to beckon Arame, who was with Bonito, over.

"All those dragonets that applied and we got picked!" Arame continued, switching directions to head over to Colorsplash and Emerald.

"Hey Emerald," Bonito greeted her. It was a well-known fact that he had a crush on Emerald. For all her smarts, Colorsplash's cousin could be very oblivious when it came to love. Colorsplash couldn't blame him though, it was a well known fact that Emerald was a really beautiful and smart dragonet.

"Bonito," Emerald greeted back with a nod.

Arame grasped Colorsplash's talons. "Splash, you need to come, if you don't, I'm going to be so bored!"

Colorsplash looked unsure and a little sad. "I'm going to find my mom," she awkwardly replied.

She walked off, spotting Jellyfish, who embraced her in a hug. "What happened?" she asked. Colorsplash winced. She had forgotten that her mother had the ability to tell if skmething was wrong, especially when Colorsplash was involved.

The hybrid wriggled out of the hug. "Later at home?" she pleaded.

Jellyfish nodded and took her dragonet home.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

"Spill the pearls," Jellyfish demanded as soon as she had shut the door. Iguana was still selling coconuts in the nearby marketplace on the shore.

"Well.... Arame wants me to go to Lower JMA with her, and I kinda want to go too, but I hate the fact that she didn't ask me if I wanted to in the first place. Is that selfish, Mommy?" Colorsplash asked, worried of what her mother might think.

"It's fine to feel that way, Splash. We are normal dragons,after all. And you know Arame can be a little insensitive to feelings sometimes," Jellyfish said gently, hugging her daughter again.

"Thanks mommy."

Jellyfish smiled. "No problem."

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

A/N: I need some reviews for this book, so leave your reviews of this book so far here ➜

also i made a banner for when you're reading the book! (it's above)

and idk where this chapter was going, Colorsplash was supposed to go to Lower Sea Kingdom School but i made her go to JMA for more ✨drama✨