Chapter 1: The Crossover

" Y'all are glowing?" Julie says, sounding more like a question then a statement.

"what does this mean?" Alex ask panicked. Before anyone can answer, they all fade away back to a familiar dark room.

"we were not supposed to go back here. This can't be right" Luke said trying to understand what is going on.

"Luke, i-I'm sure it's gonna be fine" Reggie breathed out not sure if it was to reassure Luke or himself.

"why are we here, i mean we just can't be. we're supposed to be with Julie, we have a band. we can't leave her" Alex rambles out.

the 3 boys anxiously pace around the room, thinking of some reasoning as to why they are here. that's where i come in, the spirit guide.

i float down and come into their view. i watch them all pace and then reggie turns around facing me. His face becomes shocked and he jumps back.

"Guys, guys. guys" He says hitting them on the shoulders. Luke whips around his eyes land on me.

"who-who-who is that?" He stutters our, pointing towards me.

"I'm your spirit guide" I say stepping toward them.

I flash the Guys a quick smile as I Come to a stop in front of them.

The three boys looked at me in astonishment.

"Oh yeah Sorry how rude of me, hellooo boys, Nice to meet you. As I said before, I'm your spirit guide" i say. Alex opens his mouth as to say something, but doesn't.

"any questions?" i add with a raised eyebrow.

"more than i Can count" Alex say still a little overwhelmed.

"So, dear spirit guide" Luke started calmy "What the fudge Are we doing here?!" He then exclaimed, shaking my shoulders.

"well Lucas. Instead of telling you, i could show you" as I said that, a door appeared out of nothing.

I open the door for the Guys to go in "over there" i say and point at two Windows.

"Julie?" Luke say with a crack in his voice "w-what have you done?" He asks feeling the tears push at the sight of julie.

She was in her room crying in agony, muttering to herself how it was too late. How she was never gonna see them again.

"Luke, look over here" Reggie says quietly, not taking his eyes away from the second window.

There they Were, looking down at themselves in the hospital beds, barely moving an inch. Looking down at what was once sunset curve, now they couldnt possibly see anything but a missing part of julie and the phantoms.

"what is this Place?" Reggie asked and turned around ever so slowly.

"This is nowhere and everywhere. This is everything between life and death. This is your way to freedom. And I am giving you a choice, choose wisely" i say and nod towards the Windows.

"you Mean we have to choose between going back to our old lives or continue 'life' with Julie as ghosts?" Luke says his voice shaking.

"not exactly, these windows will show each outcome based on your choice. You will see the future if you go back and continue sunset curve. You will see what life you could have with Julie. But you will also see what will happen in theses situations"

"you mean we could see our families again?" Alex ask, his eyes threating tears.

That's one of the things i hate about this job, i get to see every spirits emotions.

like right now, i can see Alex is hopeful. I can tell he misses his family.

"if you make that decision then yes. Now, to go over a few more things. Now, number 1: I will be taking you one at a time along to see all the outcomes. For the other 2, it will only feel like we have been gone for a moment. The person that comes with me, it will feel like years as we see everything. Number 2: because y'all haven't made a decision. they can't see you or hear you or feel you. Your spirits are basically in limbo with life and death. Number 3: once all of you have seen the options, the 3 of you will each pick. If you happen to pick differently, you will cease to exist in the others world. We do our bets to wipe memories. any questions?"

the 3 blink at me in confusion and the room is silent before someone speaks up.

it's Luke of course. He sure does talk a lot.

"What do you mean by cease to exist?"

"I mean, you won't exist in that world. It will be like you never were there" as i say that, the words feel like they are shallowing all these guys hope.

"wow.... i mean that's- wow" Alex says, pacing.

If i could feel, i would feel bad for them.

mostly cause i know that they won't all pick the same life.

A/N: heyyyyyyy guys! This is the first chapter of our book, i really hope y'all enjoy it.

i know i'm suuuuuuper excited to go through this story journey.

anyway, thank you for reading our book, it means a lot. -R