The Morning After

Author note: Let's get on with the story you don't want to hear me grumble about autocorrect and crappy spell check am I right? No one wants to hear about my complicated method of having a grammar and writing sync up.

I finally made it back to Toriel's house, and the fire trail I was following just faded away like it never existed. I open the door, bordering on slamming it. Honestly, I'm too tired to really look around at getting a feel for her family from pictures or the décor. The guest bed was calling my name as I lay down on the incredibly soft and fluffy bed in which sleep overtakes me.

I look around, and there's not much I can see. Around me is fog, smoke, and haze. I could hear the music playing on an acoustic guitar with a jazzy trombone. They didn't seem like they should go or even play together, but at this moment, they sounded well together using only a jazzy and relaxing melody.

"How did you like our first meeting, Frisk?"

I could feel arms around me but couldn't see them. "It would've been great, even lovely, if you showed your face to me. Are you afraid?"

"Curious, aren't you, doll? I knew I wouldn't be around long or be able to stay. Why give you a taste? If I know, you will be disappointed when I can't stay right next to you?"

"I don't believe that's the truth, but then again, what do I know? Apparently, you're really here."

"If you don't believe me, you could just read the letter I left you."

"Let's not worry about that right now. Let's just relax. I kind of want to cuddle with you."

"Whatever you want, kitten, I'm all yours."

He repositioned me in his arms, and I could feel the outline of his body, but I still can't see him. I can feel his kisses on my face and nuzzling my neck. It made me feel so warm and gooey.

"I feel so at peace with you right now."

"Me too, babe. Right now, we're doing my favorite things, lazing around and being with you."

"Hey there, sleepyhead, good morning!"

Obviously, this was Toriel speaking with her very distinct voice. She has the air of a morning person, so it's not surprising she would be the one waking me up. Did she hear me walk in last night, or did I talk in my sleep? I barely remember coming home. Most of last night felt like a dream. Nevermind. Until I've had my coffee, I will treat it as such...just a dream...

Even though I went to sleep bordering on zombie-like attention as per habit, I put my phone on the end table next to the bed. Whether it's my house or not, that is my golden rule of keeping an unbroken and impossible to lose a phone. Apparently, Toriel put the phone on the charger where my sleeping mind forgot. Already I love this woman like she's my best friend.

"Good morning, Toriel," I say as I sit up to stretch.

"Good morning, sweetie! I was anxious about you! I was worried you wouldn't know how to get back to the ruins, but I'm glad to see that you made it back okay and even slept through the night."

"Thank you for your concern. It was a bit of a twisting and winding route, but I made it. Though speaking of home, I would like to know how to get back to my home, Toriel. I need to get back to the surface! People are waiting on me, and my roommate is probably worried sick about me!" I honestly want to leave urgently.

"Let me go get you some breakfast, and maybe you'll be hungry enough to eat the dinner I left last night."

Now I know Toriel is avoiding the conversation. What could be so bad that I can't go through the rest of the path to the exit? Am I her prisoner now? Does she want to keep me as a pet? Whatever the reason is, I can't wait, and I'm going to try to get out of here.