Sixteen

As soon as Harry entered the Room of Requirements that night after curfew, he got Ron's attention and passed over the time turner that he had been wearing that day. Ron gave a nod of thanks and got Hermione's attention. They looped the chain around their necks and Hermione double checked that she had the chest with the memories in it before Ron spun the turner and they disappeared. It was barely 5 minutes later that Hermione and Ron walked back into the room, Hermione tucking the chain back under her robes, and took their seats around the table and quickly got their stuff out, the rest of them having set up while they waited.

"How did you go with memories?" Shadow asked, wanting to get that out of the way since they may need to make plans around it.

"There was a lot of memories in there. We had to relive twice to get through them all. But they were all interesting," Striker said.

"We found a lot of memories of his childhood. It seems he was very good friends with your mum and was the one who first told her about magic," Streak said. "They seemed to have been extremely close, despite being sorted in to Gryffindor and Slytherin, up until the end of their fifth year."

"When he called her that word," Shadow finished.

"Exactly," Streak agreed.

"There was also one memory in there, of Snape going to Dumbledore. He was the one who told Lemons about the prophecy, and when he realised that Basilisk was going to go after the Potters, he begged Lemons to hide them and keep them safe, to protect your mum. He seemed to really care about your mum. How much though, we don't know," Striker added.

"So he defected? He's loyal to the Light?" Flit asked.

"Not exactly. There was one more memory, of after the attack on Samhain. He was distraught over the fact that Lily was dead, and Lemons told him that the boy survived. Snape swore to protect Harry," Streak said slowly.

"So he would be loyal to whatever side Shadow is on?" Flame asked.

"It seems that way. He actually swore a magical vow to protect Shadow. I don't think he could work against him," Striker said.

"But Shadow isn't Lily's son. Not biologically," Mayhem said.

"Does that change anything?" Chaos asked.

"It shouldn't. Shadow is still magically recognised as Lily and James Potters son, magically recognised as Harry Potter, so the vow would apply to him no matter who his biological parents are or what name he goes by. It's his magical signature that the vow would be attuned to," Flicker said.

"How do we get him on side then?" Flit asked.

"I don't know. It would have to be handled delicately though. At the moment, he is still loyal to the Light, because that's the side he believes Shadow is on," Striker said.

"How did your talk with Basilisk go?" Streak asked.

"Basilisk agreed to help. He said he would summon him this evening and give him a lot of work to do and harsh deadlines, so Snake doesn't have a chance to report to Lemons. And he said he wouldn't ask about what Snake learnt, as he said he would not pressure us for any identities beyond those he already knows."

"And that's just who Prince, Howl, and Eclipse are. So that along with the secrecy spell I set on him surrounding tonight's lesson, you should be fine," Streak said.

"And Flit. I may have also threatened him a little to make sure he uses his Slytherin self-preservation and holds his tongue," Shadow agreed.

"What actually happened in your lesson tonight? And since when does he know who Flit is?" Flame asked.