Chapter 4

" Hello. Good morning, doctor. " I called our doctor to postpone the check-up.

" Doctor, can we postpone the check-up? Actually I have twisted my ankle. OK doctor. Yeah, I will be careful." she agreed after asking about any vaginal discharge or bleeding or any abdominal pain.

     Jungkook took leave from his office. He stayed with me all the time. He was like my leg wherever I moved. Sometimes he even carried me. It was actually felt safe having him around me. We rarely got time for us since he was doing overtime for the baby's expenses. He massaged my leg with the ointment. While watching the TV we fought for the remote but I won.

     We were cuddling on the couch while he kept on massaging my belly occasionally dropping a kiss on my hair. He loved doing that and I loved him doing that. I was tracing his nerves which had become my habit from the past year. I felt safe with his arms around me. He was my everything. His rhythming heart beats and warm breath near my ears was all I needed to feel better. I looked up at him from the TV and he looked down. He moved his hand from my belly to my nape and caressed there. I was looking at his lips and he looked mine unconsciously I licked mine. I became shy and hid myself in his crook of the neck. He slowly kissed my forehead, my cheeks, my ears, jawlines and slowly tilted my chin to capture my lips in a slow kiss. He was nibbling, sucking and bitting my lips. I lost my mind in that. After a good minutes he released my lips to look into my eyes. He looked at me as if I was prey. I lowered myself and hugged him tight to avoid his stare. His chest vibrated with his laughter seeing my shyness. He kissed my nape and neck and hugged me tight enough to not hurt our little one. Then we had a nap.

     We prepared food and did the household chores together. I asked him homemade noodles I was craving for. But he told it would make my digestion difficult. Sometimes he was so boring. At least he made my favourite Kichadi. I was sitting with my food when our neighbour Priya aunty came. I smirked at Jungkook actually he hated her. She always got jealous of us living together when her daughter didn't. She informed that uncle was sick and asked some medicine. Though he didn't like her he searched for the medicine and gave it to her. He was always so caring. I blew him a kiss and started to eat my food. The very taste made me remember my olden times.

" I am not coming today. No I can't even move my leg. Yeah, yeah, I have informed our not-so-caring professor. " I was boiling my milk. " Of course, he didn't believe. So I had to send him photo of my super swelled ankle. " I held my phone with my head and cut the bananas and apples. " No. You don't have to. He won't give you permission just to visit me. OK? " "OK bye. " I cut the call. I was trying to reach the living room holding the wall. Actually my home, no somewhat big room, had a small kitchen which could fit maximum 2 person at a time, stepping out I had a mini fridge, to my left I had my small dining table with 2 chairs, to my right I had a bed which was big enough for me, opposite to that I had my small TV beside the door which I called as living room. That was enough for me. Actually I could get these from my scholarships and funds I received from the orphanage home I stayed. They helped my studies till 12th standard after that I joined in a Government college and came out. I didn't want to be a burden. I got my part-time job in a restaurant to meet my daily needs. They were paying me well also in my college they provided me free food which was my luck. But mostly I was fed with Kalidas's foods which were always delicious.

"Shit, this hurts like hell". Even its difficult to reach my fridge. At that moment that devil's face flashed in my mind. I swore him with all the Tamil bad words. "Someone felt regret yesterday." my mind screamed at me. " No, I just want to kill him with my own- 'thud thud thud' I heard a noise coming near the TV table. I got alerted.

" Yaaru athu?" I shouted ( who is that?)

" I got no reply. Again a thud. Then I heard a series of English swear words. I could see a pale white hand. A foreigner.

" If you do anything I swear I will kill you. " I told getting the nearest object I got. I couldn't go to kitchen and get the knife. I heard a chuckle. Sounds familiar.

" Seriously? You would kill me with a rolling pin? " that voice laughed. Too familiar.

" You just come out I will teach you
' how to kill with a rolling pin ' " I told in a YouTuber slang. He came out. My guess was correct.

" Jungkook, what are you doing here?" he was walking towards me. I got afraid. What if he do something? But I didn't show it in my face. He was having a carry bag. I imagined for the worst. I kept my hand covering my mouth and nose. He stood in front of me. I couldn't read his expression. He looked blank. Suddenly he kept his hand around my hip.

" W-what are you doing? " I shouted and tried to get out from his grip. But God, he was a muscle bunny. He helped me to the bed and made me sit. I looked confused. I had a pepper spray in my bed side table. I could use it in case. He knelt before me and opened the carry bag to take out a bottle. Alert mode on. But he just took my leg to keep it on his thigh and started to apply the ointment he bought. I became Jungshook. No one did that, never. A no-parent girl like me could never expect something like that. Kalidas, my friend, he would be standing on my foot if he was here to make it worser. Jungkook looked at me, his eyes looked soft.

" I am sorry. " he told.

" Wait, I think because of my twisted ankle I am hearing wrong. " I told while checking my ears. " I even hear you apologize." he pinched me hard on my twisted ankle and I slapped his arm with a hiss.

He massaged my feet. Though it was painful it was relaxing. After that he helped me to cook the lunch we made my favorite Khichadi and did the household chores. He must've felt guilty for not trusting me the previous day. He even tried my food and also liked it. While we watched TV we were fighting for the remote. He was there till evening. After that he left and though I didn't want to admit I did feel alone. I couldn't expect but I really wanted him to visit me the following day.

I heard a peep. I checked my phone.

" Having enough ingredients for tomorrow? Or should I buy while I come? " I screamed. It was him. Messaging through instagram.

" No need. " I replied with a smiling emoji.

" Till that be safe." he took away my loneliness with those 4 words. I slept peacefully after many years without having any nightmares.

😇😇😇😇😇😇