Chapter five

Notes:
Baghra is strange, it's getting really hot around here and the Darkling is a teaser.

IMPORTANT
'Words like this are their voluntary shared thoughts'
Words like this (without ' ') are their personal thoughts that are a particular phrase in their mind but who knows if they're strong enough to reach the other part of the tether🤷🏻‍♀️

Hope I explained myself
Enjoy and comment and like
-Flora

Four days had passed and Aleksander had returned from another trip. This time it wasn't a military trip, he intended to find Baghra, but she had magically returned after three days of disappearance.

When she saw him for the first time in those days she felt irritation and anger coming from him.
She understood later that he and Baghra had argued in her hut and that he came out raging.

No one had dared to talk to him that day.

That morning the guard outside her door told her that she would have to attend a meeting for the stag's expedition in the war room that day.
But first, Baghra was waiting for her for a lesson, and she was late...

Baghra seemed strange. She was actually in a good form, she seemed younger than usual. Maybe the sun out of her hut did something good during her little escape...

She didn't question her and her lesson went as usual, some hits when she did not concentrate enough but less reproach than normal. It was as if her mind was elsewhere.

If she had heard that she and the darling had some strange business she did not point it out.

————————

When she entered the so familiar room, all the eyes went on her but they were not staring glances, just a quick peek to see who had entered. She was no longer the big news in Little Palace. People were starting to get used to her, though she still received some glances for her black kefta, which a from the fete she started using on a regular basis.

It was good that she had started to become part of the environment. Now she could sneak everywhere she wanted. At least, almost everywhere.

"Sorry for my tardiness, you know how Baghra is," she said grimacing a little and looking nowhere in particular.

"Come, miss Starkov, we were just talking about the arrangement for the journey," the Darkling looked at her and lifted his hand as a gesture of courtesy to invite her.

They hadn't talked since he had returned. It didn't disturb her not to stand constantly by his side.
She felt him, his presence through the bond, and it was enough.

There was this mute understanding between them. When they met each other in the palace or in the gardens, they just glanced in each other direction but didn't show signs of anything.

For Alina it was as she was hiding a secret mysterious relationship; Aleksander on the other hand had never bothered to hide any relationships in Little Palace (if 'relationships' was the right word to use) but never showed signs of affection, so he felt quite frustrated about feeling things every time he saw her and restrain himself from rushing towards her.

Sometimes when they passed right next to each other he greeted her with a nod of the head and a 'Miss Starkov.'

That was all he allowed himself to do.

Every time he called her 'Miss Starkov' she felt like he was mocking her, which he was not (based on decorum), but he felt she took it that way so he really started mocking her after a while.