so we meet...

for some reason, y/n is from new jersey in this story, you're gonna see that a lot 😭

when (reader) arrived at the casino, they were shivering from the cold night air. they stumbled into a makeshift city and they began quickly going to the lit up place.

when y/n opened the door, she expected a big town hot-shot to waltz in and immediately order a margarita.

but she didn't expect someone who looked like a kicked puppy to be shivering at the door, shrinking in on themselves once they made eye contact with her.

she viewed the person before leaning back in the door to yell to her boss

"aye boss! we got a 2.47, pronto!" for some reason she got a jersey accent that she herself began laughing at.

when she heard (reader) quietly laugh to themselves, she softly smiled and asked if she could hold their hand.

(reader) nodded shyly and held out their hand in which y/n gently took and led them in the casino.

"sorry if it's loud! big night for boss man! what's your name?"

"(reader), ma'am."

"no need to call me ma'am darling! i'm not a hot-shot! call me y/n- woah. we eerily similar names....you mind if i call you some nickname i come up with?"

"uh sure!"

"good. boss, you working on it?"

"give me a sec doll! still handling that guy! turn the guest away for a sec!" they heard someone yell back in return.

y/n immediately turned her back to where the boss would be, pulling (reader) into a fast hug.

"very sorry i didn't ask first darling. we just didn't want you to see what was going on..."

"no...no problems. i hate to be weird, but you smell very good...like fruit and cig smoke."

"sorry about that. some creep tried to spill his cocktail onto me since i usually wear a white shirt. and a lot of people smoke here. the cocktail thing is what boss is handling right now..."

"it's fine! it's nice...kinda comforting. is he cleaning up the accident?"

"the drink or the perso- shit i mean, yeah, he doesn't like drinks staining his precious velvet carpet."

"y/n you better not be talking bad about my carpet again!" a masculine voice could be heard from behind y/n.

"suck it up! or i'll make you eat the carpet!"

"at least i clean up my own messes! you try sweeping up this guy off the floor!"

"i oughta rip you a new one for even thinking of talking to me like that! now continue cleaning up you mess, worker boy!"

(reader)'s eyes were wide as they looked up at y/n, who was looking behind her should to probably see her boss.

"y/n?"

"yeah honey?"

"are you sure you're not the boss?"

"you're so funny! i'm just a little waitress in this joint! though i am a favorite everywhere..." y/n laughed as she spoke.

i can tell. i don't think i'd have the guts to talk to my boss like that....

"ahh big q would never hurt anyone he loved. i guess i am pretty love-able. your boss, you say? where do you work? that reminds me, how long are ya staying?" y/n suddenly asked.

i said that out loud! oh man...

"i don't actually have a boss. it was hypothetical i guess...? i don't wanna over stay my visit, so i'll set out to find a place tomorrow..."

"you don't know where you live?"

"i woke up in a forest surrounded by a makeshift wall, and i walked for some hours before i came here. i have no clue where i was before..."

"well that just won't do..."

a/n: just got a new fridge...might call c!philza... (/j)