celebrations arent my thing

it's been a week since (reader) started staying at the casino.

they usually slept in y/n's room, and it was a lot of fun.

when they felt feminine, y/n would put makeup on them and pick out a fun little dress.

when they felt masculine, big q let them go in his room to see if (reader) could fit in one of his suits.

as long as they didn't open the third closet door.

(reader) didn't question it because they felt as if they didn't have the place to. y/n already knew.
(wait is this lore for my other book-)

but the point is, it's been a week. a damn good week but they felt as if they've over stayed their visit.

since today was a big celebration and important guests were coming over, they felt like this was a perfect time to escape.

they packed a small bag with 7 pairs of clothes and put on their old shoes. they grabbed some food and and waited until the music started up.

it was around 11 p.m when music and lights began filling the little town from the casino. they looked out the window to see guests pooling at the doors.

but they weren't normal guests.

some were so tall, that they were almost up to the window on the second floor. some kind of floated like they were able to fly. some had wings or animal features. some had skin of gold, or skin of black tar.

when it showed that no more guests would arrive soon, they carefully crawled out the window and up into the roof.

they went to climb towards the tree that was easy to calming down, but froze when they heard talking.

"you look good tonight darla. you too, steve. oh and randy, looking shiny as ever-"

"y/n?"

"oh! hey honey! didn't expect to see you up here. i was just taking my break."

"break?"

"q let's me have a break after answering the doors. i come up here to look at the stars. big celebrations aren't my thing, but the people are nice. why are you up here darling?"

"uh- i came looking for you...?"

"now sweetheart, you don't need to lie. it's okay if someone doesn't come looking for me. they usually don't. so why are you really up here?"

"i-i want to leave. i love it here, i do. but i feel out of place. i'm not useful. i..i want to go home. i don't know where home is, but i want to find it. maybe i'll feel like i belong- i-i wanna be something-" (reader) began crying, but was pulled into a hug by y/n.

"you belong. we want you here. you're everything to us. it's only been a week, no wonder you don't feel like you belong. can i tell you something?"

"yeah..."

"when i first came here, i had a sex addiction. i felt like a dirty slut who didn't deserve love. but quackity and his boys helped me out a lot. so now i want to help you. i want to be something someone can lean on when they're down. will you be my someone?"

"yes...i will be your someone y/n."

"good. thank you darling."

i can't stay away from angst holy shit-