A Hero? || Prologue

Prologue
A Hero?

╔═════════════════╗
I... I was just trying to help.

I just wanted to make you... stronger.

I ' m  s o r r y...
╚═════════════════╝

☆ ☆ ☆

"Y/N?"

"Y/N! Wake up, you idiot!"

My eyes were heavy but enough to open them slightly. I woke up to see my mom standing in front of me near my bed.

"Finally! Do you know how long it takes to wake you up? Gosh, what am I gonna do with you if you ever live alone?" My mom scoffed at me and made her way out of my room. "Breakfast is ready so I'll meet you downstairs!" Mom yelled.

I got up from my bed and slowly walked to the bathroom to freshen up. I chose my outfit for the day and walked downstairs. "Morning mom!" I said to her as I sat down in the dining room. "Hey there kiddo, what did you dream about this time?" She sighed while handing me my breakfast. "Nothing too special this time," I replied. "Where's Dad by the way?"

Mom checked her phone. "He should be here soon, he's just finishing up some hero work."

I sigh. "Why did Dad have to become a pro? He barely comes home."

"Oh Y/N, don't be like that! Ever since high school, he had to sacrifice a lot to get this far. You should feel proud to have a father that works hard to protect our society and us as well!" Mom reassured.

I rolled my eyes, "I know you told me the story, but every time I see a hero all I see is just some snob that's just working hard to get money and fame. The way I see it, the hard work and high school dreams that dad had seemed to be all for nothing. I just don't want him to be seen as one of those idiots."

My mom gave an annoyed look thinking about dad. "Trust me, hun. Knowing your father for years, he sees money and fame as a distraction to his hero work, which is part of the reason why we're always late in paying taxes. But anyway speaking of high school, have you decided where you wanna go Y/N?"

High school huh? Now that I think about it, I was too focused on passing middle school that applying for high schools slipped my mind. I shook my head.

"Well, your father and I had an idea on where we wanted you to go." She smirked while handing me a high school pamphlet to...

"No. I already told you, mom, I'm not interested to go to UA Let alone become a hero." I retorted to her suggestion.

"Aww, come on Y/N! You denied all the other occupation options! You need to pick a high school soon." My mom sighed with annoyance.

"I'm sorry mom, I'm just not feeling the whole hero thing. Can't I just be a [insert ridiculous job here]? They pay good money!" I said.