Quirks || Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Quirks

Chapter 2Quirks

☆ ☆ ☆

While exploring the new environment of my new high school, UA, I looked outside of the window for just a moment to find another class seeming to be training. I then realized that it was the class that missed orientation, I believe the class number was 1A. What are they doing out there? They do know that it's only the first day right?

"What overachievers."

"Ah!" I said startled. I turned around to see the familiar two-faced boy. I believe he calls himself Neito Monoma. Monoma chuckled at my sudden reaction. "Monoma, hi. Uh, anyway, I don't think they're overachievers, maybe there's a specific reason why they're training early." I tried to reassure him.

"Yeah, by making the other classes look bad. I bet you that class thinks they're better than everyone and they're showing that by starting school early. Pathetic." He scoffed.

"... It's just the first day my guy. Who knows? We don't know what the future holds! Maybe we might be the number one class no matter how hard the other classes work." Seriously. What's wrong with this dude?

Monoma was a little surprised after hearing my wise words. But then he gave me the annoying smile again. "Oh, you think so Y/N? I am so glad we have the same perspective! I think I'm starting to like you. Let's crush these other classes. HAHAHA!" It started with just a chuckle, but now he's really going at it with the maniacal laugh.

(Geez. We're not even halfway in the story and yet the romance is already blossoming.)

I covered my face from embarrassment. "You must really be confident huh Monoma?" I said with a bit of an annoyed tone.

"Ha! I like to call it being competitive!" Monoma laughed.

How did this guy even become my inspiration?

० ० ०

As I was getting ready for bed that evening, I thought about tomorrow. Tomorrow is the actual start of our training. I wonder what it will be like to work with such weird but fascinating students. Well, just like what I said to Monoma... "Who knows? We don't know what the future holds!"

Speaking of Monoma, he's nothing of what I expected. It kind of makes me wonder... how did that idiot even become my inspiration? He's acts just like all the other dumb pros. Was it just a fluke...? I... Then it happened again. The traumatizing memories flooding back again.

So I slept.

० ० ०

"Alright students. Starting your second day here, we will be doing a Battle trial!" The number one hero yelled confidently. I never thought I'd say this but... All Might's really not the scamming hero everyone has been saying. At least anyone from my old school.