2

The first time Adrien threatened to renounce me was when he grew tired of Ladybug's secrets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N), claws in."

I take notice of how Adrien's voice sounded different when I came out of the miraculous.

He'd normally sound accomplished when he de-transformed, however this time he just sounded defeated.

I decided to stay in my kwami form, just in case I sensed Ladybug's return.

"Man, what's taking Ladybug so long." I whined out. I knew what Ladybug was hiding, but I was sworn to secrecy. However, the amount of time she was taking to say anything was getting ridiculous.

Ladybug had met Master Fu and always sped off to receive advice and new power-up recipes from him. It wasn't Adrien's time to know yet, but this was getting out of hand.

I pause mid rant when I noticed Adrien threatening to take off his ring.

"Woah! What are you doing?" I panicked.

"If you don't tell me what Ladybug is hiding, then I'm done." The boy in front of me threatens.

"Y-You can't do that! I told you that it's not your time to know yet. It's not my secret to tell!" I try to reason but he just shakes his head.

"Why not? No one will know if I quit. It's not like anyone will care."

I didn't know why, but him doubting himself such an important role crushed my spirits a bit.

"I will." I firmly state.

"Why, because no one will give you Camembert cheese?" He jabbed.

Another major blow to my heart.

"Oh there will be plenty other Chat Noirs to give me my cheese." I state, not exactly liking the heartbroken face he made at my sentence, but I quickly finished and said, "but they won't be you."

Adrien lightly smiles at my confession, and goes to say something but was interrupted.

"Hello Chat Noir." A familiar voice appears from behind him.

He jumped towards me in fear, causing me to quickly transform into my human form to catch him before he fell off of the roof.

I pulled him back up, standing a bit away from him, crossing my arms at 'Ladybug's Secret' standing in front of us.

"Remember him?" I asked Adrien.

He nodded. "You were the man who-"

Master Fu cut him off by handing him a vial of green fluid.

"I'll explain everything, I promise. But for now, you must go and help Ladybug." The wise man explained.

I stared the vial in distaste, already dreading the fact I'd have to go back into the cramped cage I call a miraculous.

"I hate transforming."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the battle, Adrien and I went home and he immediately went to practicing his Chinese and I went straight into hiding.