5

Adrien threatened the Miraculous again, and I was left with no choice...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adrien Agreste, holder of the cat miraculous, I'm left with no choice but to remove the miraculous from your possession. Please return the miraculous to me at once."

"W-What?"

.

.

.

The day started as usual, me waking before Adrien and going to the bathroom to make myself look presentable.

However, I did find myself looking in the mirror for a bit longer than usual. I noticed that my eyebags seem to have gotten darker with lack of sleep I've had over the past few days. Master Fu's words and silence on repeat in my mind.

I haven't had the courage to face Adrien after that night's whole fiasco. It's been over a week now. The only time we see each other is during akuma attacks and when I recharge. After that, I'm basically AWOL. Sometimes I stay at Tikki's house in secret, not letting her know of my predicament.

As much as I want to tell Tikki, for some reason, something keeps preventing me from doing so. It's like everything concerning my situation gets blurred, literally. Actual gas leaves my mouth in place of the words I want to speak.

However, apparently Kwami's are the only ones that can see the gas bubbles.

It annoys me to no end because I can't talk to anyone about how feeling. I can't go back to Master Fu, he basically told me without words what he'd do if push came to shove. And I definitely can't talk to Adrien. So I'm left with no one to talk to.

I tell Tikki that him and I just aren't seeing eye to eye right at the moment which is technically the truth. Right now, I'm back at the Agreste Estate trying to stay in the bathroom for as long as possible. Marinette was awake so I had to leave.

Hearing three sharp, yet quiet knocks on the door, I groaned. Walking away from my reflection, I rest my hands on the door, leaning my ear on it.

"Give me five more minutes." I call out.

"No, we need to talk." I hear from the other side of the door.

"And I need five more minutes." I fire back.

"Five minutes, then we talk." I hear him call back, his angry stomping fading away, audible through the door. Most likely going to set a timer.

I run my hands through my hair before sitting down on the floor and curling into a small ball. I treasure these five minutes, using them to get my mind straight. Trying to put myself in the proper mentality to face him.

I hear a slight sound from outside the bathroom after a while, the same three knocks coming back immediately after.

"Times up."

Taking a deep breath and wiping my face, I slowly push myself off the floor. I walk to the door even slower, taking notice of how much my hands were trembling. Reaching the door, a take another long breath in and out before taking hold of the handle and opening the door.

I'm instantly met with a pacing Adrien, mumbling to himself. He didn't even notice that I exited the bathroom. Using his pacing as a distraction, I quickly yet quietly walked to his window to escape having to speak with him. However, my plan was interrupted by a firm grip on my wrist. I cringed and slowly turned to face Adrien.