Fifth Chapter

"Haha! Just like a game of tag!" Moondrop laughed goofily as he bounced through the halls.

How can he be laughing in a situation like this? You continued to sprint, your breathing becoming erratic. To tell the truth, you didn't even know why you were running so fast.

"This way," the moon man guided as he turned a corner. You didn't think twice before hastening along behind him. Oh, the irony. First, you avoid this robot, now you're trailing along behind him like Alice chasing the white rabbit. Moondrop slowed as the two of you raced inside a large darkened room, making you slow to a stop as well to catch your breath. An indoor jungle gym with glow-in-the-dark stars decorated on the walls, and the ceiling containing plum purple lights. A playroom, perhaps. There was a cut-out of a tower in the far back. Moondrop leapt up on the swaying bridge in front of you, then swung to the tower, grinning as he did so.

"What is this place?" you quietly asked as you cautiously ambled up to the moon jester.

"Why, we are in the Daycare!" The moon man swiftly lowered himself in front of you, hanging upside down from the tower. You flinched, not expecting him to suddenly appear in your face. "This is where I usually stay." Moondrop gripped onto the ledge and backflipped out through the window.

"Why did bring me here?" you quizzed, careful with the questions you asked.

"Well, you did decide to follow me yourself," the moon-faced robot chuckled, before he jumped down from the tower and climbed up onto one of the jungle gyms.

You frowned in response and squinted at the four foot tall humanoid moon robot. There was something else going on that he wouldn't tell you. What is happening that worries him so? "What's really going on here?" you inquired, "And how are you able to move and speak so fluidly?"

Moondrop's head did a full 180 as he gazed back down at you with his bright red orbs. His body twisting in the same direction as he started towards you. You began to back away, innocently lifting your hands up in the air. "You really are inquisitive, aren't you?" The same grin was plastered on that crescent moon face of his, making you freeze in fear. "As I had mentioned before, there is a lot happening here that you will not simply understand."

"Oh my goodness! Is this the new security guard?" You heard a feminine voice call out. The two of you turned in the direction it was coming from. There stood a different animatronic. She was the color of a dandelion, with orange spikes surrounding her round head. Her facial features were very feminine that was made to look like the sun. She had white pupils for eyes, and a large friendly smile on her face. She wore a yellow and maroon striped ruffle around her thin metallic neck as well as matching trousers, plus yellow winklepickers just as the moon jester did. In fact, the two animatronics appeared to be identical, except this robot was a sun jester.

"Yes, she is," Moondrop gestured to you. The sun animatronic grinned and squealed, running up to you and wrapping her yellow arms around you before you even had time to react. You only stood there, eye wide. You could hear the moon man chuckle. "This is Sunrise," he told you.

"It is so great to meet you!" the sun animatronic broke the hug, and moved back to take a good look at you. "I know you've just started working here and all, but we've heard so many great things about you! Gosh, you look even prettier in person."

You were speechless for words. All you could do was nod.

Moondrop spoke up, "Sunrise, you're scaring the poor girl, she's already frightened as it is."

"Oh," the sun jester frowned and took a few steps back from you, "I'm so sorry. I'm just so happy to finally meet someone new! Most guests who come to this place, aren't too interested in the play room, except for the little blossoms."