Final Chapter- Two

Camille.

After a week, Camille looked towards the west, when the sun set. His behavior became more erratic and worried. He dragged his shoulders and ate less and less, to the great concern of the women and Guave. He was comfortable enough to talk to them, after learning their language or at least the notions of it. That evening he sat on a tree trunk looking out to the west. Guave took a seat next to him, Ava on his other side. These 2 became his most trusted friends in this village. Tears dropped when he bend forward and looked at his hands that are folded on his lap. The stick crown slided a bit more forward and Ava put her hand on his shoulder. "What wrong?" Guave asked. "My king, right now... might be going to battle... And I am here. Is he still alive? Does he know I am alive? I miss him. I miss him daily. I miss his arms around me, his love making. I am a newly wed. I never had the chance to enjoy our honeymoon or weddingnight." Both his new made friends nodded, slightly understood in the baby language he talked to them. Because his level of speaking was very basic. But they understood. "I feel." And Guave hits his fist on his heart. Camille looked at his big buddy with tearful eyes. Guave sighs. "Me war, female also warrior. Everyone warrior. My queen. Die. Northern enemy Gua'lth bad. Won. We live here in country given by previous king. Your king father father father. We peaceful. We no disturb. We tired war. No like. Gual'th die my queen. I never love. You look my queen. Hair and eyes. Queen fierce and strong. You not. You same inside. Queen kind and loved." He nods, indicating he is done. "I'm so sorry." And Camille hugged Guave. Ava tapped his arm. "His queen, child." and she showed belly. "Oh no, she died while being pregnant? Poor Guave." And the 3 of them kept quiet like that, their hearts connected by pain and sadness.

After a good 10 minutes, when the cold got to Camille's bones, and he is this close to getting back to his warm tent, Guave jumps up suddenly. Ava and Camille look startled at him. "You not lonely. You not same!" He says. He holds out his hand and Camille softly places his hand in his. He pulls Camille up and his eyes looked passionate for the first time. Even Ava is startled by this. It has been centuries ago she saw that fire in his eyes. "You not same. We tired of war. We not make more sad." He kneels. "Queen, me and my men, we will find and help." Camille holds her hands out. "Oh no, no no. You guys are fine here. At peace, no one is bothering or having a fight with you. You guys, this isn't your fight!" But Guave looked angry at him, and it made Camille turn quiet. "No, we tired. We need to ignite fire again. Our bones become soft. We must become hard again. We fight. Me and men good. We help. You no sad. You happy, I want." He says and tears jump into Camille's eyes. He hugs Guave. "Thanks." He knew that look in the eyes of Guave. That's the same look Dorian had about him. Whenever he repelled Dorian's propositions or offers, like when he refused to eat, Dorian had the same look in his eyes. It's the eyes of someone that had made up his mind and would be unchangeable. After living with Dorian for a year, Camille knew all to well that he would not be able to persuade someone with that kind of eyes. Not even by being stubborn or pouting. He knew a lost fight when he saw one.

"You king, where?" Guave asked the next day when all the men in the village were getting ready. The 3 old women joined too, because they would be all alone in the camp anyway, left to die, so they rather die on the battlefield, with the fire they once had. Even the pregnant men left and were unafraid. Camille could see these people as a people that would live on, no matter what fate threw at them. They are resilient and strong. Unwavering. Loyal and communal. Camille didn't know but he did know that when he sailed from Eaton's kingdom to the east, so that means that if he was taken to the north of Dorian's kingdom, the communal border would be in the west of here. South west. He was surprised that even Dorian didn't know about these people still living in his kingdom. Soon they set off towards the south-west and were on their way.

Dorian

The morning comes and everyone is on edge. A war is something that hasn't been in the kingdom since centuries, not since the big Northern invasion. It was stopped by the sacrifice of the northern tribes, because they lost many men on both sides, it weakened the northern kingdom. The grandfather of Dorian has granted the wounded northern tribes to live in an inhabitable area in the north of his kingdom, gratefull but at the same time not really open to accept them in his country. And they have remained docile ever since.