𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚊 '𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 [ • . 𝟷 . • ]

• 🚬 𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚘 𝙿𝙾𝚅 🔫 •

I lit up a cigarette and put it in my mouth when Keith came from behind me and hugged me. I took the cigarette out of my mouth and asked, "Why you so happy, bluenette?" He pointed toward the calendar. "June 1st! Pride month!" he exclaimed. "Happy pride month then, little blueberry," I said, cracking a smile. "Stop smoking, it's bad for you," he said. "Fine, only cause you told me to do so." 

• 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 •

I check to see who's calling me. "Oh, it's Darnell, mind if I take this?" I ask Keith. "You can answer," he said. I accept the call and say hello. 

"Yo, dipshit, 'sup?" Darnell says over the phone.

"Meh, nothin' much asswipe, how 'bout you?" 

"I got some leftover tickets to Los Angeles, Nene, Cassandra, and Alucard said they'd come, so you and Keith wanna come? Along with a new friend I made, Cyclops." 

"Give me a minute, gotta ask the little smurf himself."

"Hey! I'm not a smurf," Keith said, pouting. "Whatever, wanna come to Los Angeles with all our friends?" I ask. He nods excitedly. I guess he's never been to Los Angeles before.

"He wants to come too, Nellie. And who's Cyclops?"

"I'll tell you on the way t-"

"Hey darling, how ya doing?" Alucard said.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds be, Bye Nellie."

"B-"

I hung up the phone before he could even finish his goodbye.

• 💣 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙿𝙾𝚅 🔥 •

"Hey baby, what's u-" I paused when I saw his face. He had his glasses up for once.

(𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎)

I stared into his eyes. They were so beautiful. "Nellie, you there?" he asked, snapping his fingers. I snapped out of it, him being confused. "Have you seen my glasses? I can't find them." I got off the bed, grabbed him by the waist and kissed him. He eventually melted into the kiss.

• 💜 𝙰𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝙾𝚅 🔮 •

Darnell came up to me and kissed me. I was confused at first, but went along with it. He eventually broke the would-be make-out session and said, "No, haven't seem 'em." "Goddamn it, I love you." "Love you too, baby," he said, then kissed me again. 

•🍬 𝙽𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝙿𝙾𝚅 🎀•

'Maybe, just maybe, going to LA will get it off my mind,' I thought. I looked at a photo of Cherry and I having a fun time. 'Where did she go? Why'd she leave without warning?' I started crying when Keith called me. 

"Hey blueberry, what's up?"

"Hey, Ne- are you crying?"

"W-what? No.." I wipe my tears.

"Nene, what's wrong?

"It's Cherry..she just left with no warning whatsoever and-" I started breaking down over the phone.

"Hey, it's ok."

"Can you come over? I really need somebody right now.." 

"Yeah, sure, I just need to tell Pico and I'll be on my way."

"Alright. Thanks."

"No prob. Anything for a friend."

I hang up the phone, put my head in my knees, and start crying like crazy.

• 💙 𝙺𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝙾𝚅 🧸•

"Pico!" I yell, wondering where he is. "Yeah?" he yells back. "I'm going to Nene's house, I'll be back in a couple hours, alright?" I ask. "You go ahead, I'll be fine!" he answers. "Alright, bye!" "Bye!" I take my bicycle and ride to Nene's house. 

• 𝚊𝚝 𝙽𝚎𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 •

"Whew, finally here," I say to myself. I knock on the door and a tired-looking Nene comes to answer it. "What happened to you?" I yell quietly, trying not to make her cry again. "I've just been having a breakdown on the couch over Cherry, that's all," she answered. I give her a hug and offer her a muffin I had baked in advance, mostly because I was bored. "Thanks," she says. "No problem. Now, what would make you happy?"

• 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚊 𝙿𝙾𝚅 •

• 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 •

"Cyclops, what's up? It's been forever!"

"Meh, nothing much, just making a new friend and doing medicinal herb. You?"

"Just sharpening my horns. Who's the new friend?"

"Said his name's Darnell, and he knows you, apparently."

"Does he have a purple and yellow sweater?"

"That's the one." 

"Yeah, I know that kid."

"Anyways, I'm flying to LA with him and a couple other people, you coming too?" 

"Yeah, I am. You still got pink hair?"

"As pink as ever." 

"Aight, well see ya on the plane for LA, man."

"See ya."

I hang up the phone and think to myself, 'That was nice.''

• 💙 𝙺𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝙾𝚅 🧸•

"Man, I had fun with you Keith," Nene said. I cracked a smile. "I did too, Nene. Oh, I better get going, Pico's wondering why I took so long." "Alright," Nene said, looking down at her bowl of ice cream. "Hey Keith?" I turn around to look at her. "Yeah?" 

"See you in LA."

...

𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜!