Chapter 4: Its Always Sunny In The Forgotten Realms

(You ever wonder where we really are at any given time? Thought you might...)

(BTW I can't be the only one who thinks SubZero is an awesome narrator voice.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the tea is to your liking. Unfortunately, I have to stock up on sugar next time I head in to town, but we have none for the time being. Regardless, this tea is widely believed to have healing properties, for both the body and soul.

That, and it is quite refreshing.

But back to the topic at hand. Right now, you are in the current home and sanctuary of the Lin Kuei, a battle hardened clan of ninja warriors that make me proud to call myself their grandmaster.

Of course, I say current home, as this is not our original, but we have made the most of our unfortunate circumstances. And we are not the only ones. All across this world you will find those far, far away from their true homes. We all share the same miserable circumstance. But that is a story for later. Without a doubt, we will have time.

This place has many names. Everyone calls it something different I've found, but I call it, The Great Shore. Yes, dramatic, clichè, im well aware, but I have to entertain myself somehow.

To call thos world strange is both accurate and...not so accurate...

Curious right?

...

In truth...this place seems more like a prison than anything else. You'll rarely find someone who is happy with being here, save for those who wouldn't have much to go back to anyway. All of us... lost souls, I suppose we are...

A great darkness looms over this world. Something I believe is beyond the understanding of most. There is no mistaking it, it is evil, through and through. It is hunger made manifest. An insatiable appetite for destruction and mayhem.

Its no fool either. It brought us all here. It visited all our worlds, brought death and destruction in its wake. It burned continents to the ground. Reduced great nations to shambles. Great cities to rubble. The most legendary of warriors to their knees.

It came to our world searching for something. We, were just a bonus. Playthings. We were nothing before it. We could hurt it, weaken it, some worlds more than others, but we could never kill it. It always came back.

Even now it looms over this world. If what Jericho has told Hanzo is true, it may never leave this place until it is ashes. We believe its found what its looking for.

I cant find any way to tell you where you are, other than you are in hell, Soran. At least...

Thats what I really call it.

Its not hunting anymore, it doesn't need to. Now, I believe it is waiting. Watching.

You were pulled here Soran, you didn't just land. It tore worlds down looking for you.

And now you're here.

In truth, I don't know enough to tell you what we should do. And I have gotten older I will admit...im...not the same SubZero I once was...

But Jericho is a wise man indeed. He knows many things that most can't. He will know what to do, i would stake my life on it.

And The Lin Kuei will not doe without a fight.

We are with you Soran.

Now, let's get you a room, and some proper clothes. Jericho has a long ride ahead of him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(I know this isn't what you all were waiting for, and I know its short, but I hit a huge wall with this chapter, and I am generally not in a healthy state of mind right now. Granted I never am, but its worse than normal. I'm trying to make everything g I put out at least worth reading though, so I hope this was good, and I at the very least got a little hype going.

I have big plans, just need to flush em out. Focus em.

So for now...

Until Next Time)