Chapter 9: Rain Rain Go Away

Chapter 9: 

I knew that I couldn't avoid Vincent forever. If I had a choice, I would avoid him any time and any day. Then again, we were in a fake relationship and that meant going out in public. Together. In a relationship.  

It had been about a week since Vincent had placed his chapped and gross lips on mine. He hasn't attempted again. I was glad, but he seemed frustrated with me every time he looked at me.  

So we were out for lunch. Just the two of us eating at a hamburger place. Louis didn't know about our little 'get together' and if he did, he'd find out by the press. If he did know about it, he'd be sitting a couple tables away and watching like a hawk.  

I just wanted to feel a sense of freedom for once.  

Vincent was scanning his menu. His forehead was creased in concentration.  

I tapped my finger on the table because I was impatient. I decided what I wanted about eight minutes ago and I was hungry. Every thirty seconds, my stomach would growl. It wouldn't shut up.  

Vincent finally placed the menu down. "I've figured out what I want." He told me. This was a hamburger place. How can you take so long to choose?!  

"Thank The Lord." I said. Soon, the waitress came to us and took our orders.  

I could see she had her eye on Vincent. She had that look on her face. That you're hot and I wanna have an extreme makeout with you face.

I wanted desperately to tell her to go ahead and have him. I didn't want him.  

Vincent was oblivious to the fact that the blonde woman wanted him though. Instead, he was attempting to play a game of footsie with me. I was so close to kicking him where it hurt.  

"Is that all?" The waitress asked. She smiled sweetly at Vincent and batted her eyelashes. She then twisted a lock of her bleached blonde hair around her finger. Then she looked over at me, scoffed, and rolled her eyes.  

Okay bitch, if you want Vincent, go ahead and take him. See if I care.  

"Yes that'll be all." Vincent said, not looking at the waitress but instead smiling at me.  

"What?" I snapped, trying to get him to stop staring at my face.  

"Just admiring your beauty."  

I had sipped my drink and I nearly spit it at his face. That was a line you would hear in some cheesy or cliché movie. "Yeah don't say that. Those lines belong in cheesy romance movies."  

"Giving you a compliment is impossible." Vincent huffed.  

Most of the lunch was quiet, but Vincent and I saw the photographers outside of the window. We had to act the part so I faked a smile and acted like we were really in a relationship. It was hard and it was painful, but it had to be done.  

At last, the dreadful lunch was over. Thankfully, we even took separate cars.  

"I'll give you a kiss," Vincent said, "but it'll just be for the photographers."  

All I could do was nod me head reluctantly as he brought his head down to make our lips touch.  

He lied though. It wasn't just for the photographers. He pushed my head closer to his with his hand on the back of my neck. Vincent even tried forcing his tongue in, but finally after he saw it was no use, he let go.  

"Yeah, just for the photographers." I scoffed. "Right." 

Vincent shrugged, gave me a kiss on the cheek, then he went back to his car. I rolled my eyes as I headed towards my car.