Chapter Two

The dank sewer let of eerie noises as water and feces traveled through the pipes, the rustic metal eventually pushing its contents into the stream.

A slim body laid against those damp walls with his white hair standing out in the dark tunnels. The white of his hair only being a couple shades lighter than his skin.

A groan of pain was released through kanekis parched lips, hand clasped at his side trying to stop the rapid flow of blood.

Amon had been relentless in his attacks and had managed to gauge a large amount of flesh from his side in the process. That new quinque of his was dangerous.

He was too exhausted to move, aswell as being to ravenous to heal. When did he last eat?

The sound of footsteps caused him to flinch back but he wasnt able to get up. Thoughts of possible plans to escape ceased at the call of his name.

"Kaneki?" That voice was familiar... but where from?

A nest of orange hair made its way forwards until he was all kaneki could see.

T-this couldn't be real... he was probably hullucinating it all. He tended to do that alot.

"Kaneki its me..." he trailed of once he noticed kankei's wound."Shit man! Do you want me to go get a doctor."

The sudden rambling of his hysterical friend caused him to chuckle. This was definitely Hide.

"Hey! I'm trynna help you here. Don't patronize me." The pout on Hides face caused him to softly laugh more as his friend faked an expression of betrayal.

The laughter soon quieted down though, being replaced by a comfortable sielence. With a sigh Hides brows furrowed as he glared at seemingly nothing.

"Hide?"

The ginger started to ramble uncontrollably.

"Hide! Snap out of it!"

A more tense sielnce embraced the atmosphere. The mans slips mere parted slighlt as if he wanted to say something but was stopping himslef from doing so.

"Look kaneki..... i know your..... well you know." The wording left little to the imagination... he didnt want to jump to conclusions and be wrong about what the man could be insinuating.

"Your a ghoul arnt you? Hey before you freak out just know that it doesn't changed anything between us okay? I've know for awhile now ever since i saw the report on the ghoul called eyepatch."

The information caused him to tense up (even more if that was possible) as he searched Hides face desperately for any disgust or hate he might find. The paralysis seeped away as he found nothing.

"Seriously though eyepatch? Out of all the cool names available you got eyepatch. Could they have named you something cooler like..... phantom mystique or dark lord of destruction!" 

All Hide recieved was another fit of laughs from the half ghoul as he continued to ramble on about villian names. His theatrics never seemed to get old no matter what.

"Ughh...." a moan of pain escaped reluctantly. Laughing was not a good idea when half his side was missing.

"Kaneki........" hide trailed off "I know your not gonna last long.... not until you eat." A glint of grief appeared in those warm brown eyes. "And we won't be able to get you out unnoticed..... so i want you to do me a favour okay?"

Huh? Confused he hummed.

"I want you to live." At the suggestion he finally pulled himself together. Then a realization befall him as his nostrils soaked up the rustic yet sweet scent of blood. Apparently he wasn't the only one injured. His nostrils flared partly out of anger and partly because of the strong aroma.

"No! I am not doing that!"

In a pathetic attempt at getting up from his seated position he only succeeded in stretching his wound further.

"Kanek-" the man rushed to help him up only to be stopped when a blood soaked hand warned him to stay back.

"No! There is no way im going to do that. I- Id rather die of this wound than do that!"

A resigned look befell his best friend his eyes staring beside kanekis head.

"Well you see it doesn't matter... in dying anyway" pulling of his gear he revealed a large wound below the ribs. "Please just do this for me..."