𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

Nagi and Reo spent most of the day trying to figure out of to install the console Reo had brought into Nagi's TV. Why didn't they just use it at Reo's mansion? Simple lack of common sense.

After some hours of ripping through instruction manuals and yelling at each other to place the wires in the correct plugs, the two were finally able to sink down into the bean bags placed in front of the screen—fully prepared the experience what was supposed to be the 'hottest new game of the year.' 

Nagi picked up the two controllers to his side, throwing one over to his friend and popping the game into the console. "You ready?"

Reo laughed, "As I'll ever be." He paused a moment, leaving the room silent other than the clicks from Nagi's remote that was booting up the game. "Who were texting earlier?" he finally asked, like it was a question he had to let off his chest. 

"You're really still hung up on that?" Nagi half-scoffed. He didn't understand why it would concern Reo at all. You weren't all that interesting, anyway—annoying, sure. But, then again, it wasn't like your existence was confidential. "Just this person I met on a game, they bought me this game actually."

"What? Why would someone buy you a game? Is that how nerds like you flirt nowadays?"

Nagi glared at him from the corner of his eye, still waiting—impatiently—for the screen to load. "No. It was a bet, I beat them in Valour," he replied, the slightest tinge of pride lacing the end of his explanation. 

Reo seemed more relaxed now with an answer, "And you're just gonna leave it at that? Such a money-grabber—dick move, Nagi," he jested, throwing a lazy smile back at him.

"What else am I supposed to do?" He did win fair and square, after all. A deal's a deal. 

Nagi's question was only met with an unimpressed look like the answer was obvious. "Invite them to come play, dude! They can't be that bad if they had the balls to place a bet. The more the merrier."

Nagi shook his head. "No, that'd be weird. I just met them," he declined. 

Reo took his denial as the green light to take his own action, quickly getting up to grab his friend's phone before he could get to it first. Since Nagi was taller than him and he wouldn't be able to keep the device out of his reach, Reo rushed out into the hallway and held the door shut with his back. He ignored the desperate shakes of the handle from Nagi trying to open it and instead unlocked his phone, using the password a baby could figure out. Who the hell still has '0123' as their code?

The last screen open on the cell was, of course, your text string. He haphazardly typed out the message as he struggled to keep the door closed and try his best to impersonate the dry way his friend texted. 

me|
want to come play bulletville with me on my console?|

Perfect.

You stood dumbfounded in the middle of the sidewalk. 

The sun was still setting, the evening breeze starting to pick up to cool off the dusk. Meanwhile, your eyebrows were pulled together in bewilderment as your stared at your phone, utterly confused by the message bubble that had popped up. 

The first question, of course, was why? He didn't seem like the type to invite people to hang out, more like one to stay locked in a dark room as he stared at a bright screen with bloodshot eyes for the rest of eternity. 

You sighed.

Now—yes, your mother did teach you never to go over to the house of a man you barely knew. But, look, everyone has their needs and one of yours was getting a chance to play even just a round of that game. Who were you to refuse such a kind offer? It'd just be impolite, clearly.

me|
k |
where do you live|

Brushing past the unsettling wording of that question—the message was read immediately, the typing dots barely lasting a second before he replied. 

|mall man
| [attached: address.pkg]

You clicked the file to the information and scanned it over, mentally sighing in relief. His house was fortunately pretty close to where you were now on your way home, only a few blocks down. It was pretty close to your school, surely it'd be a waste if he didn't attend somewhere so convenient. But, then again, you didn't think you could miss a white-haired giant roaming your hallways.

Tucking your phone back into your pocket, you picked up your pace toward the destination. Obviously, you stepped over the cracks in the sidewalk—even though you were going further against your mother's lessons with each step, you weren't cold-hearted. 

You briskly turned the corner onto the residential street, passing the similarly styled houses that sat adjacent to each other. The house that matched the address on your phone looked similar to the others, like any other estimated three bedroom in the neighborhood, simple in its design. 

Your shoes lightly clicked against the pavement as you walked toward the door, stopping in front as you waited awkwardly for them to answer it. 

"I can't believe you really just fucking did that," Nagi grumbled.

He held his phone in his hands, relishing it being in his possession after he had to pry it out of Reo's hands once he successfully pushed the door open. 

His counterpart, on the other hand, just laughed at his complaining. "Oh, c'mon. It'll be fun, I'm no good at games, anyway. And I want to meet them."

Nagi was about to open his mouth to reply before the sound of the doorbell rang from outside of his room. His face dropped and his movements froze, in what Reo could only guess was the shock from what was reality. 

Being the ever-so-kind friend he is, Reo offered his assistance to one in need. "I'll go answer the door for you," he grinned, stepping carefully out of the room into the foyer.

It was only a quick few steps to the door and he made sure to waste no time in swinging to open. He looked out expectantly, pausing once he saw you standing in front of him. You halted the rocking you were doing back and forth on your heels, staring back at him with the same surprised expression. 

"You don't look like the guy from the mall."

"Mikage Reo. Pleasure to meet you too."

__________________________

jeez i havent updated this in forever mb