Prologue

There was a time when the world was one. Nature was at its most beautiful. Untouched, treasured, and cared for by a people truly united and at peace with each other. All once lived as guardians of the Earth and its nature- the essence, and source of their power. As a gift and to assist in their responsibilities taking care of their lands and oceans, magic was given to man, making them stronger. 

They thrived and lived harmoniously with the energy that came from the Earth itself and its nature long before inhabitants roamed the world. But that was 10 billion years ago, and the only thing that remains everlasting is change itself.

Time passed and now the world is split into two, people diverging into groups that believed and now lived differently from the other. The southern part of the planet remained home to those who still cherish nature as their ancestors, the Yore, had before them, still using the magic the Earth have gifted them. And the ones who lived farther up north lived in the magicless half of the world, refusing to accept the responsibility and to live as the protectors of the Earth's nature and core. The north's ancestors, the Olden Ones, believed the contrary about magic: it made people weak and dependent, that true strength and power came from the intellect of one's mind. Now the North lived in a modern world, where science and intelligence helped evolve and advance civilizations, people, and society. 

However, both lands had something in common. It was how divided their peoples are despite living in the same half of the planet. Different beliefs, cultures, livelihoods, and politics diverged the people into several of kingdoms, courts, districts, and cities. One day, after centuries of war and chaos, all leaders from either side of the world came to an agreement to live in peace among each other despite their differences. 

Many knew that greed and power make a living thing hungry for more. One that possessed power is bound to want more, some believed, no matter how power is defined. A war was brewing and coming sooner or later, and plenty believed that the fires of the old one never died in the first place. It all comes down to what the reason will be, and if all will be ready for it. 

Now that a plague has spread in both worlds, it is time for them to unite despite their differences to work together. After all, a common goal unites all, even enemies.