6

"Who's the other woman?" Hojin's dad asked.

"Dad, I lied. There is no other woman."

"Good. Me and Byeol's father are about to settle the deal... after you two get engaged-"

"No."

"What?"

"I don't want your company anymore. I don't want to work there. I don't want to be forced with someone I don't want. So I quit."

"Hojin-"

"No dad. I'm tired of you holding that over my head. I want to be with someone I love. Besides, I never wanted your company! I just wanted to make you happy so I did whatever you wanted me to. But I'm done."

"Ho-"

"Let me ask you something." Hojin said. "Were you forced to marry mom?"

"No." His dad said lowly.

"Remember when I was a kid... and you and mom told me the story of how you two ran off and got married. Because your dad tried to do to you, what you're trying to do to me?"

"Y-yes. But son- I'm doing this for your own good! I had already known your mother! You don't have a woman in your life."

"And that's my business! So you know what I'm doing now? I'm doing what you and mom did. I'm running off and hopefully I'll find my future wife along the way."

"You can't run off. You don't have any money."

"I've been saving my money since I started working for you."

"Hojin, listen-"

"Ive been listening my entire life. It's time for you to listen. I'm done bowing down to your every command father. Don't call me anymore."

Hojin hung up and groaned. "Must you make everything so hard father?" He asked himself.

***

There was a knock on the front door. Haru stood up and opened it without looking through the peephole.

"So there was another woman!" Hojin's father yelled while walking inside uninvited.

Hojin came into the living room after hearing his dads voice. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"No, what are you doing here? You want to run off, get your own apartment. I pay these bills!"

Hojin mentally cursed to himself. He forgot his dad was paying his bills. "Fine! I'll get my own place!" Hojin yelled.

"Get you and your mistress out of here." His father glared at Haru. "This apartment belongs to Byeol now."

"Um, I live here." Haru crossed her arms.

"Well unless you pay bills-"

"I do. I'm his roommate. I never moved out, I'm not his mistress, and I'm obviously not a guy." Haru said. "Now, Hojin can stay here with me, someone who actually pays the bills here, for as long as he wants until he finds an apartment. Sir."