7

A few months had passed. Haru's grandmother left after staying for a week. She was really keen on Hojin but it didn't take long for her to figure out they weren't really together.

She still didn't lose hope for the two though. She told them they'd have something real, soon. She could just tell.

Hojin hadn't heard from his father or Byeol for a while either. Apparently his father and Byeol's parents were coming up with a new deal since it was clear he wasn't taking any part in it, but that wasn't his business.

He also got to move into the apartment fully. Well, technically he was already moved in- but his father broke his lease and "left him alone". For now.

Hojin finally got a new job. One where he didn't have to work with a controlling family member.

Hojin was a really smart guy. Thanks to his dad, he went to one of the best colleges in Korea. So many people wanted to hire him not only for his skills and knowledge, but for who he was.

He was offered a job by an electronic company that his father had been trying to run out of business for almost a decade.

That's the one he accepted. Not because he wanted to get back at his father, but because he would actually get to work, unlike at his fathers company where he got paid to sit in the conference room and stare at people all day.

It also payed really well and with his calculations, he'd be able to move into an actual house after a few months. All he'd ever really wanted growing up was his own house. He never thought it'd happen though because he always did whatever his dad wanted him to.

For a while his dad told him he'd live with him and his mother until they died, which is why it shocked Hojin when his dad kicked him out. It wasn't until later when he realized he was forced to move out because his dad was setting him up with Byeol- and was planning on them moving in with each other.

All because he wanted to work with her parents company.

His father was a loving man his entire childhood. He treated Hojin like any father would treat their child. Hojin never thought his father would basically give him away just for a chance to work with a company that wasn't even bringing in enough money to support itself.

The company was on its last leg. It was a software company. Mr. Yang wanted to use their software for the next update on the Zil-Phone. The thing is, no one cared about the software anymore. It was outdated and boring.

It was a software company founded by an actress with no degree and her ex husband who majored in criminology. It was a wonder how they got as far and successful with the company as they did.

Hojin didn't know why his dad wanted to work with them so bad anyway. No one liked the software and he wanted sales on the next phone. How would the software- that no one liked- make people want to buy it?

As for Hojin and Haru, they were closer than ever. Now, they weren't best friends but they definitely talked more than they did before. They actually talked a lot. They didn't argue as much as they did when they first started living together, but they of course their moments.

"Hojin, I'm about to watch that movie I was telling you about." Haru told her roommate.

"No, I'm about to watch the movie I told you about. I already made my popcorn!"