7- Movie night

By the way Covid doesn't exist in this story because no one wants to hear about that.

Dream and George walked through to the front door of the apartment and were immedietely greeted by the loud boys.

"George, this is Wilbur Tommy and Tubbo" Karl said. "And guys, this is George."

There was a lot of loud talking and hugging as they boys were welcomed inside and they eventually all moved to the living room. Wilbur and Tubbo sat on one couch while Karl, Sapnap and Tommy sat on the other. That just left Dream and George who got left with the arm chair to share. Surprisingly it was quite spacious leaving a fair amount of space between them which shouldn't be a good thing but secretly the two really wanted to be close.

"Lets start the movie" Karl said.

"You can't start the movie until the pizza arrives! Don't you know that?" Tommy protested.

"Well what else are we going to do Tommy?" Karl asked.

"We could just talk"

"Boring!" Sapnap shouted from the kitchen while making pop corn.

"Well I want to know more about George. Right now all I know is his name"

George sat up straighter when he heard his name and suddenly got a little more nervous again. meeting new people was never his strong suit. And these people were all so loud and outgoing What if they don't like me? They're all so shouty and excitable. Except for Dream. He was perfect. Dream was just facing George and smiling supportively.

"How did you guys meet?" Wilbur asked, aiming his question towards the two on the arm chair.

"We met in the 'kings arms' bar. You know the one near the centre of town?" Dream replied for George as he could tell that the brunette was slightly uncomfortable.

"Is this your first time in this apartment?" Tubbo asked next.

"Yes I really like it" George replied quietly before looking at Dream and giving him a shy smile. The whole time Dream had been staring at George, not even bothering to look when someone else was talking. Of course Tommy picked up on this.

"Do you like each other?" Tommy practically shouted before Wilbur Slapped his arm and gave him a stern look.

Dream gave an uncomfortable laugh before talking. "Uh yeah of course we do. Otherwise he wouldn't be here." Dream knew what Tommy really meant but he was attempting to make it less awkward. However Tommy didn't pick up on this either so he rephrased the question slightly.

"No I mean do you like like each other?"

"No we're just friends" George laughed but seemed a little uncomfortable. Then the doorbell rang before Tommy had time to protest.

"Pizza!" Tubbo yelled and he and Tommy both got up racing to the door to get the pizza first.

Saved by the bell both Dream and George thought to themselves.

Everyone grabbed a slice of margarita pizza and Tubbo tried putting popcorn on it to see what it would taste like. (Not good is the answer.) Then they turned off the lights and turned on the movie, sitting back and finally being able to relax.

-------------Time skip--------------

The group were twenty minutes into the second movie and Karl and Tubbo had already fallen asleep. The pizza had been finished a long time ago, mainly eaten by Tommy and Tubbo.

Georges eyes began to get heavy as he struggled to stay awake. Throughout the first movie Dream and George hadn't really been concentrating as they were busy whispering to each other and laughing at their unrelated conversations to the movie. However Dream noticed Georges increase in tiredness so he stopped talking to him and tried to concentrate on the movie. This proved to be difficult as the blonde's eyes kept creeping back to the sleepy brunette who was just inches away from him.

Then, without realising it, George brushed his arm up against Dream's and rested his head on his shoulder, quickly falling asleep. The blonde tensed up a little but soon relaxed and melted into the touch, enjoying every second of it. Slowly, he lifted his arm and rested it on Georges back, gently rubbing small circles with his thumb. Before long he too began to get tired as he rested his head on the brunette's, feeling the soft hair on his cheek.

He hadn't realised how touch deprived he was until now.

~738 words~

Thank you so much for all the reads! I know it's not a lot but it's way more than I expected. Also thanks so much for those who voted. Mwaa

-Esme 💚 💙