Welcome to the Galaxy One

"The outcome was never in our favor, Gary."

"Cut it to me straight, H.U.E. What are my chances of getting out of this mess?"

"In your current state, you will pass the point of recovery in ten minutes. You are also leaking O2, Gary."

"Huh. Look at that, they went with green for a red alert. I mean, I would have gone with red. Or periwinkle. Heck, or even eggnog. I don't even know if that's a color but good Lord, I just want eggnog."

"The rate of the leak will render you lifeless in nine minutes."

"You are really buttering me up with fantastic news."

"I am afraid, Gary, there is no foreseeable outcome where you survive."

"This day can suck. Right in the nosebleeds."

TORD NEBULA

TORD NEBULA

SECTOR 463G

        A young man in his early thirties shot his eyes open with an alarmed gasp as he awoke with a start. His blonde locks were slightly unkempt, the man laying on his bed wearing nothing but his underwear, his blanket now underneath him. Drool ran down from the corner of his lips, apparently from his sleep.

        "Good morning, Gary." A robotic voice greeted monotonously. It was H.U.E, the AI of the prison ship he currently resided in, Galaxy One. A blue, holographic screen materialized right above the man's weary face, its soft light shining upon his features as it read today's date. "Day 1818."

        The blonde, Gary let out a disgruntled groan before he grumbled in annoyance, "How 'bout...freaking no?"

        BAM!

        "Argh!" Gary yelled in pain as his own bed suddenly sent him flying, slamming the poor man into the door before sliding down. He shot up to his hands and knees as he irked at the AI, "That was a bit harder than normal, H.U.E!"

        "My apologies." H.U.E monotonously replied, not sounding apologetic in the slightest. "Mikayla told me it would be funny if I did that. It was worth it."

        Gary cursed under his breath at the AI's words, running a hand through his unkempt blonde locks. "Goddammit, Mikayla..." he grumbled, massaging the bridge of his nose.