Tera Con Prime

RUXX CLUSTER

SECTOR 432G

        "...psst! Kayla..."

        "Kayla..."

        "Oh, Kaaaaayyyyylaaaaa ~ "

        "...KAYLA!"

        The Zetillian awoke with a yelp at the sudden shout in her ears, falling off her bed and landing on the floor with a thud. She winced in pain as she rubbed the back of her head, lifting her head to glare up at the chortling KVN floating over her.

        "What the hell, KVN?!" she grumbled up at the obnoxious yellow robot. "It's too early for this..."

        "It's never too early to spend time with one of my best friends in the whole universe!" KVN declared dramatically as he entered her personal space and wrapped his arms around her shoulders rather possessively, much to Mikayla's chagrin.

        "Could you at least wait until I have my coffee first...?!" she irked, tempted to slug the robot in his one eye. "I am NOT in the mood for your idiotic antics right now!"

        "Don't be silly, Kayla!" KVN laughed, clearly not taking her seriously as he pushed his metallic body into her cheek, tightening his hug. "I'm not going anywhere without you ~ !"

        "Why don't you go bother Gary instead? Or anywhere that's not here?!" Mikayla snapped, her patience wearing thin. "And don't call me Kayla! I only let people I actually like call me that!"

        "Hmmmmm..." KVN dragged out his words, his continuous humming getting on her nerves. "...nope! You look like you could use a friend right now, Kayla! And by a friend, I mean me, KVN! The best Deep Space Insanity Avoidance Companion anybody could ever ask for! Which they should, because KVN is popular!" 

        The Zetillian woman stared off into the distance with a deadpan expression, her eye twitching as the exasperating robot continued to ramble on and nuzzle himself against the side of her body. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

        Moments later, KVN was chucked out of her bedroom and slammed into a wall as soon as the door slid open. "Owww..." he whined, rubbing the back of his metallic body where he had crashed. Mikayla heaved out an exhausted sigh as her bedroom door slid shut, massaging the bridge of her nose and resisting the urge to fall back down onto her bed. 

        ...today was not off to a great start.