Chapter 1

For as long as you could remember you had known Lindir, you had known him since you were Hén (children) and had watched him climb the ranks to become your father's main aid. You had always liked Lindir, although he never seemed to like you back, always being respectful and withdrawn to you, even when you were both young. This did not deter your love for the elf but rather increased it, watching him from afar as he worked or walked in the garden with your father.

Lindir meanwhile was infatuated by you, loving everything about you, however, he could not let this like for you be known as he was not noble enough to even consider having a relationship with Lord Elrond's child. Therefore Lindir was withdrawn and polite to you, not wanting to let his feelings be known by anyone.

One particular week, Rivendell was very quiet, Elrond and most of the household was away to visit Gondor, he left Lindir to look after Rivendell and also yo, at first you were annoyed, wanting to visit distant lands, however, when you discovered that Lindir was also staying behind you accepted your father's decision, feeling a little happier.

On the second day of your father being away, you decided to have a walk through the gardens, watching the flowers sway and the bees as they worked tirelessly. Crouching down you smelt a flower and smiled at the aroma which came from it. Standing up again you looked at the grass and saw an egg, slowly you picked it up and looked upwards to see a nest perched in a tree, slowly you went to the tree and started to climb it, being careful not to drop the egg which was tucked in your pocket and also being careful not to fall. After a few moments, you were on the same branch as the nest and gently placed the egg in it with its siblings.

You heard a cough and you looked down to see the worried face of Lindir. "Lady (y/n)" he called, his hands tucked behind his back which were rining themselves nervously.

"Hello Lindir" you called down, "I was returning an egg to a nest" Slowly you got down the tree, making Lindir slightly quake in worry.

As you went down a branch snapped and you fell a couple of meters to the ground on your back, this made you laugh slightly but made Lindir lose his mind. "Lady (y/n)" he called, kneeling down beside you. "Are you hurt? To the Valar you should have not done that, you are too precious to lose" he spewed out in worry. "I will summon the healer immediately"

"I am fine" you said, getting up and putting your arms out to show nothing had been damaged.

Lindir slowed his breathing, glad you were safe. "I am glad you are fine Lady (y/n)" he said, his hands wringing again. "However, I do suggest I show you to the healers to check"

"Lindir don't worry" you said, smiling. "I am in no pain"

Lindir bit his lip slightly in worry and bowed his head. "If that is your decision" he said quietly.

You sighed, watching Lindir and rolled your eyes. "Fine, you may accompany me to the healers to check if I am broken" you said.

"Oh of course" he said, ushering you toward the healers. As you thought nothing was broken, not even a bruise was on your back. When Lindir heard the news he sighed in relief, but worried that you would do something silly again, he decided that until Lord Elrond got back he would keep a close eye on you to make sure that you would not hurt yourself and also to fulfil his love of your smile and your face.