The Family That Lived

"Mama? Mama!", screamed Harry in his cot balling his eyes out. He was staring at his mother on the floor motionless. He heard a creak and started whimpering. "Mama.", he whispered hugging his stag plush close. Prongs, it was called.

Sirius Orion Black, actually Potter, walked up to the cottage in Godrics Hallow. "No...", he whispered. Eyes big and imagining the worse. He quietly stepped into the house with his wand out. Walking up the stairs he found James.

"Prongs!", he screamed. His brother, his best mate. Dead? Sirius fell to the ground. No! No! Not James! Please!

He checked for a pulse tears running down his handsome face. Please! , he begged. He found it! He was alive! His brother alive!

"Enervate!", he said not so quietly. James gasped and sat up. "Prongs!", Siruis screamed hugging, more like choking, him. "Padfoot?", James asked. Sirius tightened his grip.

"I thought you died!", he said loosening a bit. James chuckled but it quickly dispersed. "Lily. Harry!", stated James and left to the nursery. Sirius got up and ran after him.

When Sirius arrived James had Harry in arms and was searching for his wand. "My wand? Wheres my wand! She's breathing but I need my wand!", he shouted. Padfoot briskly walked over. "Enervate" , he said for the second time that night.

Lily Potter gasped for air. "James! Harry!", she shouted into the air. "Lily!", shouted James. Lily turned towards her husband. "Harry! James! You're alright!", shouted Lily hugging them.

Sirius smiled and casted a patronus to Remus, Alice, Dumbledore, and Victoria Potter. "With Potters. Voldemort dead. Come quick." The dog ran off into the distance.

Lily took Harry in her arms and hugged him tight. The group of four went downstairs and waited for the others to arrive.

Around 15 minutes later Victoria Potter and Remus Lupin came bounding into the cottage. "James! Lily! Are you alright!", Victoria screamed hugging the life out of her brother.

"Vic! We're ok!", James said hugging her back. Sirius smiled from the couch he was occupying. Remus hugged Lily and Harry while holding back tears.

Victoria gave a quick squeeze to Lily and returned to her seat by James. The two Potter kids were close from a young age. Victoria being only two years younger then James they were very protective over each other.

Victoria Euphemia Potter was starting her 1st year at Hogwarts and she was terrified. She thought she was going to have no friends and be lonely.

She had long black hair that she couldnt tame. Courtesy of the Potter curse. She had a round face with hazel eyes to match her brother.

Her older brother, James Potter, invited her to seat in his compartment with his friends.

"Jamie I'm scared.", whispered Victoria holding onto her brothers hand. "Vicky, it's fine! My friends are your friends.", said James.

She followed him into a compartment with three other boys. "James! We were wondering where you were! Peter thought you were kidnapped.", said a boy with black curly hair. James grinned and sat down beside him.

Victoria stood in the door unsure what to do. The boys watched her intently as James called her over to sit by him.

"Who are you?", asked Peter from beside Remus who was reading a book oblivious to the world. Vicky looked at her brother.

"She's my sister. The girl I was talking about 1st year. She's 11.", James said. The boys smiled and waved at her. Remus looked up from his book and smiled. Victoria smiled back.

"I'm Victoria.", she said putting holding her legs close to her chest. James and Sirius left to prank some Slytherins and other first years. Peter fell asleep and hour into the ride and Remus was occupied in his book.

"Hey, what book is that?", she asked. Remus glanced at her. "The Shining.", he said with a bored tone. Victoria nodded.

After about and hour of waiting Dumbeldore still failed to show. They decided to go Vicky's house where Regulus and Rigel were waiting.

They weren't a perfect family but they were happy. They were The Family That Lived.