-2 Days Before His Birthday-

Vlad woke up, feeling sore from the work he had to do yesterday. He could hear his mother call for him downstairs, and so he got up and dressed before walking downstairs.

His mother was in the kitchen finishing up breakfast. "Hurry up hon, you have school soon. Your breakfast is already on the table." She spoke, not turning to look at him.

Sighing, he walked to the dining table and sat in the chair where he saw his plate was. It was eggs and bacon again, along with a glass of milk.

"Mom, I'm not eating this." He grumbled, pushing the plate away. His mother put down another plate of food and looked at him.

"Hon, what did I say about being picky?" His mother spoke, which he hestitantly replied.

"Not to be..."

"And what are you doing right now?"

"..Being picky."

"Exactly." She spoke before flicking his forehead. "You gotta eat somethin', hon."

He looked up at his mother grumpily, before making a snarky reply. "We've been having the same thing for 2 months, mom! And it's almost my birthday! Can't we have something different for once?"

He felt guilty when his mother had a saddened look, which made him properly sit back in the chair as he was practically leaning out of it before eating.

"Hon, you know it's been hard. Your father's working all day for us." She rubbed his cheek.

"..I know, I'm sorry mom."

(Day 1 Before His Birthday complete.)