-1 Day Before His Birthday-

Vlad awoke in his bed. His cheek still hurt, and he didn't dare look at it in a mirror. It must be worst then he thought.

He sluggishly got out of bed, letting out a yawn and rubbing his eyes- before suddenly hearing glass shatter.

Worried, he rushed downstairs and stopped.

His father was yelling at his mother, his mom seeming worried and guilty. However, Vlad wasn't gonna let this slide.

He ran over and got in front of his mom and his father, his mother who was on her knees on the floor.

"Leave mom alone! She didn't do anything wrong!" He yelled, but felt a sudden pressure. He was forced onto the floor, a hand on his head to hold him down. His mother stared in shock.

"You are my son. I own YOU and your mother. And you owe me respect, which is long overdue." His father snapped, before-

---------------------------------------

"Vlad! Wake up, silly!"

"..Huh..?"

Vlad woke up resting against a tree, seeing a blonde, short haired girl with emerald eyes staring at him. She was in a pink dress and had a teddy bear clutched in her hand.

"Oh. Charlotte, sorry I must have dozed off." Vlad spoke nervously, as the the girl giggled.

"It's okay, Vlad! But you're really worrying me. You've been falling asleep more often..." Charlotte trailed off, before Vlad spoke.

"It's alright Charlotte, its just my dad again." Vlad smiled, and Charlotte looked at him sadly.

"Okay... Well, I have to go now. Bring these to your mom!" She gave him a small bundle of bluebells.

"..Thank you, my mom will love them." He smiled, and Charlotte smiled widely before practically prancing off.

Vlad got up and walked home, smiling at the bundle of bluebells.

(Days 0 Before His Birthday Complete.)