33 : Steve Rogers(GUY.exe)*PART 3 TO FAVORITE CRIME AND HAPPIER*

Title: GUY.exe
Characters: Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson, Bruce Banner, Wanda Maximoff
Warnings: none
Summary: reader goes on a date and moves on from Steve. When she gets home she tells the Avengers about it and reveals her new lover(lyrics from GUY.exe by Superfruit will be italicized)

————————————————————————

"You look so good," Wanda comments as I study myself in the mirror. I nod, agreeing with her.

(I never include visuals but I saw this outfit and it was exactly my imagination so I included it but you can think of something else if you prefer!)

I felt confident in what I was wearing and Natasha comes up behind us, guiding me to sit at the vanity in Wanda's room.

The girls are helping me prepare for my date today. The guy from the party a couple of days ago has taken me on a couple of dates and I'm hoping today will be the day he asks me to be his girlfriend. If not I'll probably ask him.

"Sit so I can do your makeup." She turns me away from the mirror and I hum in response, closing my eyes. "You excited to go see mystery man?"

"Yeah, really excited. Hopefully, now we can be official."

"And then you'll tell us who he is?" Wanda has been practically begging me to tell her. I've been blocking her from my mind since we started going out, not wanting to get anyone's hopes up; especially mine for that matter.

"Yes Wanda, if we make it official I will tell you who he is." She cheers and I can only imagine her dancing around the room a little in anticipation. We chat for a few more minutes and then there's a knock at the door.

"Can I come in?" I hear Sam ask.

"Yeah, I'm just finishing up," Nat calls. I feel the chair spin and hands on my shoulders. The redhead leans down next to my face and I feel her breath on my neck. "Ok open your eyes." When I open, I smile widely.

"Nat... I look gorgeous!" I turn to hug her. "Thank you." I get up and turn to Sam, twirling a little. "What do you think?" He smiles gently and wraps me in a hug.

"You look great y/n/n." He whispers into my hair. He pulls away and holds my shoulders, looking at me sternly. "Now if he hurts you..."

"Sam don't worry," I reassure him. "He wouldn't hurt a fly." I think for a moment and giggle. "Unless the fly hurt me." Natasha and Wanda both 'awww' while Sam rolls his eyes.

"Alright, alright. Go on to your mystery man."

A few hours later...

I twirl through the door and shut it behind me, sighing in content as I slip off my heels. I hum a little as I dance around the entryway and make my way into the elevator. As I step out, twirling to the living room I hear giggles.

"I'm guessing that date went well?" I turn to see a smirking Natasha and Wanda seated around the coffee table with Sam and Bruce. I nod and giggle.

"It was amazing!" I sigh again, flopping down on the corner of the couch. "And we're official!" I hold up my hand to show a gorgeous, gold promise ring with zig-zag detailing.

"Oh my goodness that's beautiful!" Wanda gushes, scooting closer. "Now... tell us who he is!"

As I open my mouth to speak, I see Steve slip inside the living room and sit over by Bruce.

"Well, I don't know..."

"Oh come on y/n/n!" Sam exclaims.

"You promised," Nat adds.

"Ok, I'll describe him to you," I give in, reluctantly.

"Ooh finally!" The redheads chorus. Everyone leans in to listen as I begin.

"6 feet tall and super strong. We always get along." I tell them excitedly.

"Alright, alright." Bruce and Sam gesture for me to continue. I try to hide my smile before it takes over my face and I sink back happily.

"Oh, he picks me up at 8. And not a minute late. Cause I don't like to wait, no." I daydream about my boyfriend as I describe him. "Kind. And ain't afraid to cry. Or treat his momma right!"

"Wow, really?" Bruce asks in awe.

"That's right," I nod. "He's what I like." I can see Steve clench his fists and I smile softly. "He's amazing..."

"Oooooh." The four chorus and we all laugh. The elevator dings and we turn to see Thor in a button-down shirt and jeans. He smiles at me as he walks past and I wave shyly. He makes his way over and sits beside me, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"You finally told them, darling?" He murmurs, kissing my head. I nod and snuggle into his side as the group awes. There's a loud crash and we watch Steve jump up and bolt out of the room.

I wonder where he's going...

Steve's POV:

Hearing her describe this new guy is killing me. The more I've thought about it since Sharon and I broke up, the more I realize how bad I fucked up. When the elevator dings I look up sourly to see Thor and y/n exchanging flirty glances. As they cuddle up together, confirming my suspicions, I stand up and stalk out to our old shared suite. I look around taking in the memories. It had been her room until we started dating, a suite designed by her when Tony built the place. I throw myself into the bedroom we used to share and slam the door shut behind me. I punch the wall and the dresser beside it shakes, an old red envelope falling out.

"If you guys ever get serious I hope she enjoys these."

Y/n's last words to me. I tear open the envelope and pull out a letter along with two tickets to Paris.

Dear Steve,

I've been trying to find the right words all week long but I don't think I ever will. Since the moment we first met on that helicarrier in New York, I knew I was done for. My dad had always told me endless stories about the great Captain America of whom he was so proud. And now I get it. These tickets are only a mere fraction of the things I plan to give you in the future. Now go check our bedroom, I have a surprise waiting for you in the nightstand.

All my love,

Y/n

I sigh and place the letter and tickets down on top of the dresser, shuffling to the nightstand. Inside is a bag. so I sit on the bed and pull out a large letterbox, two velvet boxes, and another mini drawstring bag. I pull open the little bag to find it full of rose petals. My heart sinks as I prepare myself for what the next items are. The two velvet boxes are exactly what I've been dreading; ring boxes. The engagement rings are gorgeous. Simple but perfect.

"Exactly what I had always wanted..." I murmur, running my finger over the edge of the box. I turn to the final item and open it, to find it filled with letters from her to me. Some talking about the planning of her proposal, some discussing her worry of being not enough like Peggy. But most are filled with her confessions of how much she loved me. "God damnit!" I shout, throwing the items to the floor. "How could I be so fucking stupid?"

It takes everything in me to keep from running out to her, yanking her from Thor's arms, and apologizing. Telling her how I feel the same, I was just angry. But it's too late. I'm too late.

a/n:
this one was a tad long but i didn't want to leave it at only one part! should i make another one-shot about thor and y/n? lmk what you guys think!

PLEASE VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED!!!