Chapter 14

"Did I just see Audrey Bourgeois loop her arm around your fathers?" Marientte asked, still trying to process the conversation that had just transpired. Not only did Audrey love her design, she wanted to showcase her dress in Style Queen Magazine, regrettably with Lila wearing it, but still.

"They go way back." Adrien said with a laugh. "I learned not to read too much into it a long time ago." The two watched as Audrey poked Gabriel in the chest before sashaying off, leaving him to make his way over to the bar.

Félix had taken Lila by the arm to another part of the room. She was sipping on an orange juice looking completely disinterested in whatever it was Félix was saying to her while Chloé had made her way over to the canapés table to join her mother.

"Eww, that's disgusting." Chloé declared, throwing the canapé she had bitten into onto the table. "Mother, these canapés are spicy! They shouldn't be spicy! You know how much I hate spicy food. This is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous." She complained. Audrey snapped her fingers and demanded to see the head chef.

Adrien shook his head and looked lovingly down at Marinette. "Care for a dance m'lady?" He asked, offering his hand out to his wife.

Walking past where his father was with Nathalie at the bar, Adrien spun Marinette around before bringing her closer to him. Swaying to the music, it was easy to forget there was a room full of people around them. With her it was easy just to become lost in the moment. No matter how busy their lives were at the moment, it was catching these moments together that Adrien adored.

"You know, it's just dawned on me that I'm going to have to spend a whole day with Lila on Monday at the photoshoot. She's going to drive me crazy." Marinette said, pouting at Adrien laughing at her.

"It will be fine Princess. I'll be there, and Félix will be too."

"Your cousin being there doesn't make me feel much better." She grumbled. Adrien kissed on the nose.

"I wouldn't worry about him, he's got a world of his own problems right now." He assured her, cupping her face and gently rubbing her cheek with his thumb. "But I'd much rather focus on you." Dipping his head he kissed her softly on the lips.

Opening her eyes, Marinette smiled at him softly before a flash of a dress caught her eye. Looking over Adrien's shoulder, she could see Lila making her way over to Chloé.

"Oh no." She whispered. Adrien looked at her before turning to see Chloé placing her hands on her hips as Lila approached her.

"We better go over there." He said, taking Marinette's hand and making their way across the room.

"Don't think I don't know what you say about me behind my back." Chloé seethed, pointing her finger at Lila. "You've been bad mouthing me all over the place. Did you really think those things wouldn't come back to me?"

"I don't have to say anything." Lila defended. "You do a pretty good job of showing how stupid you are all by yourself. Admit it Chloé, you're just peeved because I'm dating your ex."

"Félix? Pffft." Chloé scoffed, waving her hand around. "You can have him. I don't care what he does, but clearly his standards have lowered if he's with you." Chloé flicked her hair and turned her nose up to the air as Adrien and Marinette stood behind her.

"Says the girl who couldn't even hold onto a musician." Lila scoffed. Chloé narrowed her eyes at Lila. Instinctively she clutched the necklace that Luka had given her, still hanging around her neck.

"What happened between me and Luka is none of your business."

Lila laughed, shrugging off Félix who was now trying to pull her away. "Oh come on Chloé. Everyone knows Luka is still madly in love with Marinette Dupain-Cheng. You just have to listen to his last album to know how badly he was pining for her." Marinette pursed her lips behind Chloé. It was a bit of an open secret that Luka had written most of the songs on his last album in the wake of their break up, but Marinette had hoped that it had just been a phase. After all, Luka did have a relationship with Chloé, even if it did end amicably.