Part Two.

Normani's POV

Normani stood in the lineup with the rest of the girls and waited for her turn to do the 8 count. Her instructor was walking around with a cane acting like she was the second coming of Debbie Allen. Normani's group nailed it when their time came and after that class was dismissed. The instructor walked up to Normani and tapped her shoulder, "You did well today Miss Hamilton."

"Thank you Madam Sinclair."

"Keep it up and you could be a star." Madam Sinclair said.

"You think so?" Normani asked.

"I do." Madam Sinclair said.

Derrick pulled up in front of the studio and beeped the horn. Madam Sinclair looked at Derrick and gave him a disapproving glare. He nodded at her and began fumbling with his radio. It was no secret that Derrick was a notorious kingpin. She wasn't a fan of Derrick but she was a fan of his daughter.

"Normani, always remember you have the power to make your own choices okay." Madam Sinclair.

"Yes ma'am." Normani said.

Normani grabbed her gym bag and headed outside to the car. "Hi daddy."

"Hey princess. Ready to go?" Derrick asked.

"Daddy it's Friday? Do I have to go to my lesson today?" Normani asked.

"Yes you have to go. It's not up for discussion." Derrick said.

Normani put her feet on the dashboard and began texting her friends. Derrick pulled up to the warehouse and Normani got out. When they walked in they took the elevator down to the basement, down there was a gun range that Derrick built. "So I actually get to shoot today?" Normani asked.

"Yes, you finally get to shoot." Derrick said.

Derrick opened the briefcase and took a step back. "Take the .45 and load the clip."

Normani took the empty clip and began loading them in. "All done." She said.

"Now cock it."

Normani cocked the pistol and took the safety off. Derrick hit the button that released the targets. "Now shoot."

Normani aimed the gun and took the first shot. She kickback and the noise was too much and she put the gun on the table and stood back. The shot didn't even hit the target it was off to the side off the paper.

"Now what in the hell was that?" Derrick asked angrily.

"I shot it!" Normani argued.

"You don't shoot to miss you shoot to kill! Get that through your head Normani!" Derrick yelled.

"Stop trying to make me like you dad! I'm not a killer!" Normani said.

"Until you're pushed to your limits you don't know what you're cable of." Derrick said.

Derrick could see that he upset his daughter and we much as he wanted to comfort her in that moment, he couldn't. He had to this opportunity to teach her some valuable life lessons.

"Babygirl, you're black, you can't change that. The world sees you and they act like you're nothing. And there's gonna be some people that are gonna try and hurt you. I would love to be there and keep you from all that but I can't. That's why I'm so hard on you, I want you to be prepared for whatever comes at you okay." Derrick said.

Normani wiped her eyes and nodded, "Now let's do it again. Except this time want you to aim, take a deep breath, then shot."

"Yes sir."

Normani aimed the gun, took a deep breath and fired a shot. There was a bullet hold right in the the center of the targets head.

"Now that's what I like to see, now empty the clip." Derrick said.

Normani didn't hesitate to carry out her dad's orders. They spent the next couple of hours turning Normani into a sharp shooter. Derrick felt comfortable letting Normani have a gun. Most people would frown up Derrick's parenting but he was making sure his baby girl was a soldier by any means necessary.

"Can we go home now?" Normani' asked.

"I gotta go meet Frank about some business. I got the guys out front ready to take you home." Derrick said.

"Frank who?" Normani asked.

"Harper. Just some light work, I'll be home soon. But when you get home I have a surprise waiting on you." Derrick said.

Normani gave her dad a kiss on the cheek and walked out the the truck. The guys took her home and when she got home she greeted her mom and grandmother and went upstairs. When she got in her room her friend Justine was sitting on the bed.

"I didn't open your present I promise." Justine said.

"Mmhm. Ima go shower and we can open it together." Normani said.

Normani quickly took a shower and changed into something more comfortable. When she came out the bathroom she sat on the bed and pull the box closer to her.

"Kinda small." Justine said.

"That's what I'm saying." Normani said.

Normani undid the box and took the lid off the box. "Bitch that's a gun." Justine exclaimed.

"Sure is." Normani picked up the .45 and examined it. She pointed the gun a few time to get a feel for it.

"Of all the things you could've asked your daddy for, you went with a gun." Justine said.

"I didn't ask him for this. But I am not gonna refuse it." Normani said.

Normani put the gun in her nightstand and laid her head in Justine's lap. "Why is your dad getting you a gun?" Justine asked.

"Ion know." Normani lied.

"So you lying to me now? Bet." Justine said.

Normani could lie to a lot of people but there's only three people she couldn't lie to. Her grandma, Dinah Jane, and Justine. Dinah was the only person that knew about her dad's secret life but she didn't want Justine to be in the dark about it either.

"Look, my dad isn't who you think he is. He's a big time drug dealer and you know what comes with that. And he is preparing me to take over one day." Normani explained.

"Okay that's a lot to process." Justine said.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone else." Normani said.

"I haven't told any of your other secrets and I don't plan on starting now." Justine said.

Normani sat up and softly kissed Justine on the lips. Before things could get to intense Drea came in and asked the girls wanted for dinner. Once she was gone Normani took her gun out the nightstand and pointed it at the wall.

"Feels nice?" Just asked.

"Oh yeah."

(A/N)

To any experiencing these hot ass temperatures, we gone be fine eventually. It was hot af when I went into work this afternoon and it was hit in the kitchen and I was so close to choosing violence.

But other than that I hope you guys are doing well and 2021 is being good to you.

As for the story let me know what you guys think.

Should I continue this or no?