Chapter 5 - Dangerous Magic🔮

(contains some bad language)

Acacia stared at the decapitated body on the floor as slow realisation hit her. She had killed Davian.
Crap.
She needed to find Aldo, and as soon as Serafina was conscious they had to find a way to bring him back, if that was even possible.
Damn her impulsive thinking.

-3 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟-
"Oh my god, what the fuck?!"
Acacia shot up from her bed inside the tent as she opened the zipper and peeked out.
Serafina was conscious, finally, and she was looking over at Davian's body. Oh, yeah. How was she going to explain this.
"Acacia! Get out here, quickly!"
Shit, she thought.
"Acacia, what the fuck happened?"
She took a deep breath before explaining.
"Look, After Aldo and Davian argued and Aldo ran off, Davian knocked you out so.... I kinda..... sorta... maybe, killed him"
Serafina looked at her with an unreadable expression before her eyes turned wide with anger.
"Why the fuck would you do that, we needed him-!"
"I know, I know, I was acting impulsively" Acacia cut her of. "But if we can find a witch that can bring him back all will be fine!"
"That's still not going to solve everything, one Davian will probably despise you, two how are we going to find a witch that will willingly help us bring back a VAMPIRE for gods sake and three how are we going to find Aldo?"
"No need" a recognisable voice said from the trees.
Acacia and Serafina turned round to find Aldo walking towards them.
He sighed deeply.
"No need to explain, I saw and heard the whole thing, and Acacias right, we are going to need a witch to bring him back but it's not gonna be easy to convince one" he said, crossing his arms.
"Well then, we better start searching. I'll go and get the tents and you two can, ugh, grab Davian." Acacia said as she walked off.
"Which part?"
"Hilarious"

-20 minutes later-
The sun was slowly starting to rise as they reached the end of the forest, coming out onto a field which looked like it was on some sort of hill.
They all came to a stop.
"Where are we now?" asked Aldo, adjusting the bag on his shoulder that he had somehow managed to stuff Davian and his head into.
"I.. don't know" replied Serafina as she started walking again into the field.
"I recognise this field" said Acacia, walking to catch up with Serafina, Aldo on her tail.
Everyone stayed silent as they were waiting for her to elaborate.
"My grandmother used to read me books when I was little, they had all these pictures in of random places, this field being one of them"
"Well what did it say about the field?"
Acacia shook her head. "I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure it said something about it being near a witch village"
"Well that's good news then!" Aldo said, marching of in front but getting pulled back when Acacia grabbed his waist, since she was too small to reach his shoulder.
"Hey, hey, we need to be careful, witches can be dangerous, their not the most trusting of creatures."
Aldo looked down to see Acacia's small hand still on his waist, and it gave him a funny feeling inside. He brushed it of as nerves for what was about to happen.
They were going to have to convince a seemingly powerful witch to bring a vampire back to life, keeping in mind there was a supernatural war going on so they were likely to get attacked by the witches and also the fact that there was once a war between vampires and witches. So their chances were pretty slim.

They had all been walking for about 5 minutes through the field when trees started to appear on the horizon.
They all ran to the edge of the hill, and in the distance seeing what looked like a small village or town.
"That must be Diasmore" Acacia said.
"Huh?" Aldo and Serafina said at the same time.
"It's a small village in the realm of Endura, I don't know much about it from the book grandmother showed me but I do know that's exactly what that is"
"Well then come on then" Aldo said, walking down the hill, eager to get rid of the bag which held a person in of him, half expecting Acacia to tell him to be careful again, but she didn't.
Instead her and Serafina, ran past him, Acacia more flying than walking since her wings were out and she was off the ground.
He stared at her for a second, seeing how her dark emerald wings shone in the early morning sunlight before snapping out of his trance.
God, what was this feeling.