Finally to space

My team and I, whose names I didn't quite know, were led to the take-off station, where we met our captain. " Inline!!" he shouted and all of us hurried to stand in a straight line in front of him. His name tag said Adams Lynn, he was in his thirties, with dark brown hair and brown eyes, he looked quite excited to see us.  "One by one step forward and state your name and profession," he shouted, looking at the nearest person. "Name's Alexander, profession, software developer" a boy with golden hair stepped up and shouted. "Next!" the captain ordered, there was Amanda, the meteorologist, Lance, the engineer, Becca, the medic, and  "Jacob", " And profession?", asked the captain impatiently "oh I don't have one, I can do anything physical really". "How did you even get in here then?", "My parents are super-rich" Jacob replied. I looked at him in surprise. *How could he get in here with no training. That was unfair, we all worked our asses off and he is just here for the ride.*I already knew from that moment I would hate him. "Alright then next!" It was my turn now. "E.." I stepped forward but hesitated, I had always hated my real name it just didn't sit right with me." Eli, profession, Atmospheric, and space scientists," I said deciding to use a different name so no one would know I was a Nyman.

"Ok then now that I know everyone, there is a side-project to "the new life", "love matching" scientists had discovered this technique years ago but it was never opened to the public, you all have your own pair in the group which you will find by yourself. This was made so that on Mezapus, you already have found your match and can create a new generation." our captain added. I was in shock, no one said anything, we just stared at each other. *I do not believe this. I am here against my will and I have to find love* I was not happy about this.

"Ok then now that you know everything, shall we go to the Jupiter" the captain broke the silence and pointed towards the exit outside. All of us followed him outside still not saying a word. We walked up to a big spaceship named Jupiter 6. "You are one of the fifty groups to leave earth" the captain explained pointing at the spaceship's name. He then walked up to the Jupiter and entered a code and the doors opened. "You each will be given a bracelet to access everything on the ship" he took six bracelets out of his bag." These bracelets are also equipped with coms" he added and handed each of us a bracelet." Any questions?" he asked, silence," Ok then we'll go inside".

We all followed the captain inside, everything looked so high-tech and clean, I could smell the smell of chlorine, like the one you add to pool water. Everything was so clean like an eraser you were ready to mess up, the inside was all white with readers on every door. "Everyone has their own room, your personal items are already in there, also no sex allowed on weekdays for future notice, as you have to wake up early," the captain said, at first I thought he was joking but he was fully serious. "You will be allowed to explore and adapt to the Jupiter after takeoff, so after organizing your rooms all meet at the bridge for takeoff, you have 20 mins" he added and then he led us all to our rooms.

I walked into my room, it was small but better than living with all of my teammates in one room. A big box of my belongings was on the bed, I opened it. It mostly consisted of my favorite books, some clothes, science equipment for personal experiments, a plant that I managed to sneak on board, but will probably not survive in space, and a picture of my mother and me. I was surprised at how it got there, I didn't remember putting it in and I definitely didn't want it with me. "Everyone head to the bridge now!" an announcement rang through the microphones, interrupting my unpacking. I walked out of my room heading to the bridge and met others on the way, others started chatting but I remained silent. We lined up waiting for the captain on the bridge, there was a table with seven seats, it looked like a conference room. Each seat had a name on it and a seatbelt, there was a lot of equipment on the walls and emergency supplies, there was also a map of the ship on one of the walls, looking at the map the ship looked huge.

The captain walked in doing something on an iPad, he had gotten changed into a spacesuit, carrying a helmet. Suddenly the wall turned out of nowhere, it contained six suits with name badges on each "Each of you has a suit specially made for you, you may make changes as you like if it doesn't erupt the suit's system. Put them on now, over your regular clothes, and sit down into your assigned seats at the table" he paused and looked at all of us "Now!!" he shouted and we hurried to get our suits. Each suite was a different color so we could recognize it, my suit was light blue. I didn't have time to properly examine it because I was in a hurry, but I have never seen such a design in all the books I have studied, I guess scientists didn't only design the Jupiters but also new spacesuits. All of us then sat down at our assigned seats the captain then asked "who here was trained to pilot?". Lance and Alexander stood up from their seats," Good, then you two follow me the rest of you strap up and put your helmets on we are about to take off." he said walking out of the room with Lance and Alexander the door closing behind them. All of us put our helmets on and activated them, to be able to hear each other.

We had a ten-second count down before takeoff. 10... 9... 8.. I started to breathe faster, even though I went through all that training I was still nervous 7... 6... I could hear the faint sound of the engine starting 5... 4... 3... My ears started ringing 2.... 1...takeoff. A sudden force was weighing down my chest, I felt like my body was about to break from the force. I've had so much training, but this was nothing like it.  I couldn't hear anything, not even the engine. I felt dizzy and sick,  and I couldn't breathe, my vision went blurry and I felt like I was about to pass out when the force suddenly left. I was trying to catch my breath while still feeling dizzy but now it was like I was floating and pulled up to the ceiling, but the seatbelt held me down. My vision started to clear but I was still panting. I was finally in space.