Chapter sixteen

Annabelle's POV
BJ: good morning Anna?
I got out of the bathroom after freshening up and headed for my room.After some few minutes I was already dressed,I wore black tights a tyra short over it and then I took my denim jacket and put it on over my black top.

After braiding my hair into a simple ponytail, I took my phone with me and headed to the kitchen.My mum and grandma had not woken up,it was only Sam and I.

I prepared tea fried eggs and sausage for breakfast. I sat on the dinning table after setting the table for breakfast. I was waiting for grandma and mum to join me as I checked my email for any mails.

I had graduated from high school so, I was expecting my results before the new year kicked in. I was really nervous at the moment,as I checked my email, I hoped for good grades.

I had alot of emails but I was looking for the one from the school principal of Haven highschool,my former school. I kept on looking for it until a message popped in.

I scrolled through it then I saw a message from BJ. I had forgotten I had his number on my phone.We had exchanged numbers on the day we met by the highlands of pinneapple.

I really had to start getting used to the idea of having a friend in my life. I was used to not having friends but now I had to remind myself everyday that BJ is now my friend.

I didn't know why I still panicked at the thought of him, anyways it's normal as my grandma said. I replied quickly to his message.

BJ:good morning Anna?
Me: morning BJ, how are you?
BJ:Am good Anna what are you up to today?
Me: Well, I'll be going to the market later with my mom and grandma to help out what about you?
BJ: Nothing, I'll just be exploring pineapple once again.
Me: Okay that's great have a nice time then.
BJ: Thanks Anna, have a great time too.
Me: Thanks BJ bye.
BJ:Bye Anna.

After chatting with BJ for a while,I went back to my mails to check for my results. I was sure it had to be out today as the principal had informed us before we graduated from high school.

I didn't have time to reply to the emails I had already received because it wasn't important to me as my results. I was busy still checking untill grandma and mom walked in to Join me for breakfast.

I was surprised when they both walked in together until I thought their alarms went off at the same time yet they slept in different rooms.They greeted me then we prayed before having breakfast.

I kept my phone down and dug into my breakfast before they both begin scolding me for  using the phone instead of concentrating on my breakfast.

After breakfast,my mum did the utensils as grandma and I watered the flowers.The compound was still clean because we had done alot of Cleaning before Christmas.There after, grandma went to the garden which was near the backyard to uproot weeds and harvest more tomatoes for sale.Her garden was tiny but she had planted pineapple vegetables chillies and passion fruit which she added recently.

She chose to sell tomatoes chillies and pineapple because they were plenty.As for the vegetables and passion fruit, she planted purposely for consumption.She did not like anyone getting to her garden without her consent.Sometimes I offered to help out but she refused, only she and mum were allowed in the garden.

I later came to understand that grandma did not me in her garden because she didn't want me to ruin the crops because the path around the garden was tiny besides, she felt like I needed to learn a few things about agriculture before I became a farmer like her.So, she promised to teach me when she there was enough time.