Chapter twenty three

Annabelle's POV
Am currently in my hostel room trying to figure out what I would do next. I have just woken up from after taking a nap rest and am hungry but I don't know my way around campus. I wish BJ was here with me,I know he would have been of great help to me.

Sonia my roommate is a quiet person and she's also a fresher just like me. When I was given my room number I came and met Sonia already settled,we just introduced ourselves and we didn't talk as much beyond greetings. I wouldn't ask her to show me the cafeteria because we both need helping.

I don't know how I would communicate with Sonia when she hardly talks.She is currently on her bed reading what I assume is a novel from how big it is. I wouldn't blame her for keeping quiet because maybe she has her own reasons or she's just like me who isn't good at socializing with people and staff. Am glad she is her quiet person because everyone gets to mind their own business in this room.

I thought of trying to figure out myself where the cafeteria is so I would grab some snacks that would last me the whole night since it's almost 7:00pm.I wouldn't call BJ to help me on this one because we aren't in the same campus now.

I stood up from my bed and made it carelessly then I wore my shoes and grabbed my phone and some cash as I went out after informing Sonia just so she knows. I asked her if she would join me to find the cafeteria but she didn't seem interested.All she did was stare at me without saying anything,I closed the door behind me not caring a bit about Sonia. I tried my best to be a bit friendly with  her even when I don't know how to make friends. I mean, she is my roommate and I need to know the kind of person am living with.

Since Sonia has decided to not talk at all to me yet we stay in the same room,I will also show her I know how to keep quiet and am the best at that.She should also know she's helping me a whole lot because I don't need new people in my life right now.So, I would just mind my own business.Besides, I have to work hard in all my selected courses.

I don't want My mother to lecture me concerning school.She did enough today with the dean during my admission.Am going to miss grandma and mum so much, but I would also talk to them from time to time.As for BJ,he told me it wouldn't be hard for us to meet but I don't know how when I don't even know where he studies here in the city.

I was walking around the campus looking for the cafeteria as I met a couple of students moving up and down. I tried asking some of them to gIve me directions to the cafeteria.Some we willing but some were rude and most of them were fresh students like me.Anyways, I was glad to find the cafeteria at last because I was tired of searching.

I found a table to sit on as I ate a plate of pilau and meat. I decided against snacks because I found pilau mouthwatering and the aroma nice.

I fished out my phone from the pocket on my trousers to call grandma since my mum would probably still be at work because it's 7:00pm and she gets home by 8pm.

I called grandma and she picked up immediately.We talked for ten minutes before the call ended.She told me she will be staying at mum's place until tomorrow before she goes back to pineapple.Am really greatful because she and mum went out of their way to bring me to campus today bright and early. I didn't inform BJ as soon as possible because the dean at the campus was so busy because of admission for many new students.

I finished eating my food really quick then I decided to call BJ before I head to my hostel. I couldn't talk with BJ over the phone because Sonia would definitely be in our room still engrossed in her novel.BJ picked the phone on the first ring.

I told him I was in the cafeteria and that I was about heading back to the hostel.He understood why we couldn't talk more on the phone because of Sonia. I didn't want to disturb Sonia at all,so I told BJ to text me if he wants to talk to me.