Chapter 5

The concert had gone really well and all of them were completely satisfied and absolutely stoked for the next concert the following day. That night, they didn't hang out together as all of them were exhausted...and they needed the sleep because a tour like that was obviously exhausting. Victoria returned to her room, throwing her handbag into a corner. She grabbed her phone and quickly called her mom to tell her that everything was okay. It was a very short phone call as it was almost midnight already. She went to the bathroom, taking off her makeup and going for a quick shower before putting on her pajamas. Of course, she went outside for her nightly cigarette. It was cold and quiet outside...the only noise she could hear was quiet music coming from Damiano's room. She still hadn't had the opportunity to talk to him. If she really wanted him to be serious she had to catch him alone which was a bit difficult, considering that all four of them were always together. Of course, she could have just knocked on his door but then again, he was probably tired. Thinking about it now, she kinda tried to find excuses to not have to confront him. Probably because she didn't want to believe that Damiano, her happy and cheerful best friend, could actually have problems. And as long as she didn't ask him and he didn't admit it, it wasn't real. That might have been a very stupid way of thinking but sometimes it was hard to let go of the childlike fantasy of everything always being okay. She just kept on convincing herself that she was just interpreting things the wrong way, that those signs were just stupid coincidences and that there was absolutely nothing to worry about. She finished her cigarette and went back inside.

She was about to fall asleep when she heard a door. It was the door of a balcony, clearly...but she didn't mind. It was probably just one of the guys going for a smoke...or maybe it was a complete stranger...they were in a hotel, so who knew? She rolled over to her side, hugging her pillow while trying to fall asleep. She was totally relaxed, breathing regularly. The room was absolutely silent but there was something that stopped her from falling asleep...sobs. Yes, she heard quiet sobs. Even though they were very very quiet and hard to hear, she was absolutely sure. "It's probably nothing...I'm sure it's nothing...maybe the wind...maybe a child.", she mumbled to herself, trying to not pay any attention to it. But that was bullshit and she knew it. Children usually cried and screamed loudly, so it definitely wasn't a child. It was too close to be a random person from the hotel. And the wind? That was the most pathetic excuse she had ever heard if she was completely honest. Should she get up and check? It could be Damiano...well...it most certainly was. But she didn't want it to be him. If she just didn't listen...if she just didn't check and didn't find out anything it wasn't real. She sat up, kinda shocked about her own thoughts. "Jesus, Vic...don't be such a selfish cunt...", she grumbled, kinda angry at herself. How could she think like that when her best friend was probably outside crying. Of course, she didn't think that it was something really bad. Maybe he had had a fight with his girlfriend or something. She would just go outside, ask him, pat him on the shoulder and then go back to bed. It wouldn't even take her five minutes...nothing to be worried about, right? She got up but didn't turn the lights on...why would she? She would just go outside quickly and then immediately go back to bed...no need to waste electricity. She grabbed some sweatpants and a hoodie because it was pretty cold outside and she really didn't want to catch a cold. She slowly opened the door, not making any noise as she stepped outside. Now she could hear him clearly. He wasn't loud, not at all...but it was dead silent, not a single car on the streets, so it wasn't that hard to hear. She was still hidden in the darkness, so he hadn't noticed her yet. Once her eyes had adjusted to the dark, she saw him, holding onto the railing while his body was shaking a bit. And even though she didn't really know anything yet, she already had a feeling that it wasn't as simple as she had thought it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;) It's me...again.

Here is the next chapter and we're slowly starting to get deeper into the story. I promise, the waiting will be over soon :) As always, tell me what you think, I appreciate every opinion.

What are you saying...should I post one last chapter later today? I don't know I'm feeling really motivated :)

- Thalia