Chapter 36

"Come sit with me for a while, Damiano. I think we should talk about some things.", she told him after exiting the shower. He did as he was told to, sitting down in the chair in front of her, fiddling with his fingers. "Did I...did I do something wrong?", he asked, sounding kinda scared. "No...no, of course not, Angel.", she immediately assured him before continuing: "I just want to talk about what happened today. I know you're afraid of people finding out and that's totally understandable...that's why I think we should take some time off after the tour. We can still make a new album and stuff but we should just take some time without meeting any fans. I think that's the only way to get everything under control." He seemed to agree, nodding: "Yeah...I guess you're right. But they will be disappointed." She shook her head: "I don't think so. They will understand that writing an album takes time. They don't have to know about other things. And if they are real fans, they will understand."

Later that night, when Damiano was already asleep, Victoria went for a walk. She needed some alone time. Not that Damiano annoyed her or anything...she just had very little time for herself and her own feelings because even though she didn't show it that much in front of him, some of the stuff he was going through hit her pretty hard because in a sense, a part of her was still holding onto the childish illusion of everything always being okay. Of course, sometimes he was able to comfort her when they were both crying in each other's arms at night but a little bit of alone time was something she needed every once in a while. She was walking down the dark streets, just listening to the silence. It was calming in a sense although kinda creepy at the same time. The humidity in the air almost made it hard to breathe but it just felt good to be able to go outside alone for once. She heard some footsteps behind her, not minding them though. Probably just another lonely soul...she thought to herself, though seconds later, when somebody touched her shoulder and made her squeal in surprise, she would know better. She turned around, now facing the person. "Ethan?", she asked in surprise, looking at their long haired drummer. "Yeah...hi...sorry...I didn't mean to scare you. But I need to talk to you and nowadays it's almost impossible to catch you alone.", he explained himself. She was confused but just nodded her head slowly: "Uhm...okay...what is it?" He smiled his typical motherly smile that always made her feel so safe: "Walk with me for a while, okay?" And so, they did.

"How's Damiano doing? And don't tell me shit like he is fine because I know he's not." Her heart skipped a beat...he couldn't possibly know, could he? "Uh...what do you mean?", she sounded surprised but her acting wasn't good. "You know exactly what I mean...", he answered as he stopped walking. She shook her head, pretending not to know. She just needed to find out what Ethan knew, what he didn't know and what he was suspecting. "Do you really want me to say it out loud? Fine...the cuts on his arms, the fact that he's crying at night...the anxiety...and that you have been staying in his room for almost a whole month. I know you're taking care of him...I don't know what exactly is going on or why you didn't tell me, but I know it's true.", his voice was stern but calm. She felt guilty but just stared at him, unwilling to believe what he had just said: "How did you-" He cut her off: "Find out? It's not that hard, really. He might be good at hiding it but his eyes are very telling...you can see his feelings in them. And did you really think nobody would notice that you're not staying in your own room anymore? Please, Vic...how stupid do you think I am? And about the self harm...well...I already suspected it because I saw some scars when one of his sleeves wasn't fitting...and then I heard you guys talk - well, and cry - one night. Some hotels don't exactly have the thickest walls." After that, she was completely dumbfounded and she had no idea if him knowing was a good or a bad thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

So, did you guys think that Ethan knows or was it surprising? Do you think it's good or bad that he knows? Let me know in the comments.

Once again, thank you so much for your ongoing support :) Your feedback is incredible and it's more than I ever could've asked for <3

Thanks for reading.

- Thalia