CHAPTER FIVE

Demetri's POV

I was anxious to get back to Sophia as soon as possible but Aro had asked me to track a vampire that had gotten too close to Volterra and I of course obliged, I had Alec with me for the power aspect for when I found this vampire and easily enough I found him without fail and we questioned him but he stated he was a nomad just passing through Italy, he showed the right amount of fear especially Alec who he continued calling him a 'which twin' so he knew who we were and we reminded him that hunting at all in Italy was of limits which he agreed to partake in before we left him to continue on his way which meant I could return to Sophia earlier than I'd thought.

"Aro has asked to see us" Alec stated once we returned to the castle and I sighed under my breath nodding my head as we went towards the throne room finding the ancients waiting for our report which Aro got out of both of us by reading our minds.

"Fantastic" he beamed pleased that it had been a peaceful interaction. "I however require your assistance again I fear, there is rumor of a coven of vampires causing panic in Bulgaria that I'd like you two to investigate and take care of as you see fit" I looked up a little shocked. "Jane will be joining you" I knew I could not argue but I wasn't comfortable leaving Sophia for that long. "Demetri, are you okay?"

"Yes master" I nodded my head agreeing holding out my hand for him to read and he took it hearing my concern about Sophia.

"Your mate will be perfectly safe in your absence, I assure you" he vowed and I nodded satisfied with that, at least Felix will be here like I promised her. "I request that you leave quickly" we both nodded our heads before leaving the throne room to gather some things before we left for the jet.

"When did you become so whipped man?" Alec suddenly asked me.

"What?"

"Who cares if that human is safe, she is only human after all" I restrained myself from growling at him.

"Just get Jane and meet me at the jet" I told him before I headed to my room, frowning a little when I found I still couldn't feel Sophia's mind tenor, she was such a mystery to me and why I couldn't track her, Aro was interested in her and the intrigue of whether her hiding abilities was a power for if she became a vampire.

I knew he hoped she possessed a potential shield like the Cullen's human but I knew that the mind reader had been able to read her thoughts in that clearing so I knew she wasn't the same as their human but like all gifts there was none alike which is why she was such a fascination to Aro and I knew he was looking forward to the likely outcome of her becoming one of us even though I didn't know if that's what I wanted from her yet although it was becoming more clear to me that I enjoyed her company, just didn't know if that was for all eternity.

"Hey heard you're going on a mission" Felix stated coming up beside me.

"Unfortunately" I sighed just as I made it to my room listening through the door to a steady set of breaths which told me Sophia was already asleep. "I hate the thought of leaving her here alone" I stated feeling I could be honest with him even though I sounded pathetic.

"Has the human gotten under your skin?" he laughed but when I didn't answer him he became a bit more serious. "Your falling for her?"

"I don't know man but I know that she's enchanting and that I haven't felt this way about anything or anyone in my entire life" I opened the door trusting him around her, I looked towards the bed frowning when I didn't see her but turned to the couch finding her there and shook my head with a small smile.

"She's definitely enchanting" he agreed and I could hear him holding his breath, her scent appealed to other vampires just like she did with me, only my throat burned and my mouth flooded with venom. "She is quite beautiful" I nodded my head, a small smile playing on my lips as I quickly went into the closet throwing together a bag with a change of clothes pausing when I noticed she'd unpacked the bags of clothes taking up half of the other side of my closet making me laugh and shake my head, she just moved right in...in more ways than one.