3...2...1...

Sophia's POV:

These last few days have been blissful. After Christmas day, we spent a couple of days with the family, before all of them left to get back to their homes, whilst me and Lando filmed a few quadrant videos, knowing New Year's was on a Wednesday, and we wouldn't be in the mood for filming, and likely recovering from a hangover. Soon enough, New Years Eve came around the clock, and me and Lando did some shopping in the morning, before getting home to get ready, for we headed to Monaco to Lando's base for New Year's Eve celebrations with his team and almost all the other drivers and their partners in crime. The benefits of being in the Mafia is that you always have somewhere that you can host massive parties such as this one that me and Lando are hosting. We packed our things, ready for this evening and for a couple days afterwards to relax and enjoy the start of the new year, before we jetted off home. Then, on the 10th (I managed to push it back), I would fly to America for the 3 months of hard work. I was excited for my new adventure, after all I've always wanted to go there since I was a girl; however, I felt a bit sour because my boyfriend wouldn't be able to travel with me, due to his training starting again. Therefore, this last week and a half in each others company was going to be maximising the most out of a situation the pair of us didn't want to be in. We jumped back in the papaya McLaren, and headed to the private airport, where the plane was visible, as the door to the hanger was lifted, revealing the beast from it's covers. Lando had to contact the base anyway about the party, as he gave clear instruction to all members of the mob that there was to be no word about business to anyone, apart from amongst themselves, and everything that mentioned the word 'Norris' was to be moved to the storage room until the week was over. Other than that, he expected everything to be business as usual. The team and the other driver's were already over there, all steadily arriving a few days after Christmas. Today, me and Lando would be arriving, apart from Charles and Charlotte who live a few minutes down the road everyone else flew in. We got out of the McLaren, and we were greeted by Lando's guards. "Nice to see you again, it's been a while." said one of the guards. "Nice to see you too," I paused to grab onto Lando's hand, "Shall we get on the plane? We want to make sure we arrive on time for our own party honey," I said, Lando turning himself to me, smiling. "Yes better do, if it's all ready?" Lando said that last part, lifting his head up towards the men. "Yep, all good to go." they replied, as Lando grabbed our bags and we climbed into the jet. I sat next to my lover, and watch the world go by below us for a while. Before I knew it, we already landed at an airport on the outskirts of the city, with a car already awaiting for our arrival. Lando clambered our bags in the boot, whilst I made my way around into the passenger seat, strapping myself in. Lando soon followed suit, and we began the short journey. It was quiet, the radio murmuring in the background. "What's wrong Sophia? Is everything ok? You know you can talk to me about anything." Lando looked at me with a puzzled look on my face whilst we were stuck in traffic, as I breathed a small sigh. "Nothing dear, I guess I'm worried if your secret's gonna get blown this evening and I don't want anything bad happening to you." I said, a small smile on my face. "Sophia, don't worry about it ok? I have it all under control. Come here," he motioned me to his body, where I hugged him tight. "It's gonna be ok, let's just enjoy these next few days together." he said into my head, as I nodded along. I quickly kissed him before the traffic started moving again and we had no time. "Two things: Ria, Aarava, Steve and Niran are also coming tonight, they're already there. And 2nd thing, I love you." he smiled. "I love you too. 

We eventually arrived, and it was exactly how it was when I was last here in August. The golden doors were hiding a bundle of secrets, as the sun beat down onto the beautiful country of Monaco. Lando and me had both got changed on the plane, considering we wanted to look presentable because we were effectively going to a place of work. It didn't matter to us if we were here to work or not, but we didn't want the people seeing their bosses have a poor etiquette. Lando pulled up rather quickly right in front on the entrance, and he clambered out, closing his own door to open mine. I wore a full black suit, including a blazer, as well as nude heels and a pair of leather black gloves. My massive sunhat and sunglasses helped cover my face, as I got out. Cleary some members heard the McLaren with its roaring engine pull up, as they came out, grabbing mine and lando's bags as we closed the doors and went inside. The doors were opened for us by the doormen, and as we passed, I nodded towards the man as a thank you gesture, and Lando grabbed my hand. "Nice to see you again boss!" said the receptionist, and lando simply smiled. "Nice to be back. Are the rest of them here already?" Lando questioned. "Yes sir, I said that you had a party to attend so you would be arriving later anyway, and they've all gone on a tour guide with Mr Leclerc- convinced them it was a good idea." We nodded, and soon enough we stopped talking, said our parting wishes and went to see others around. I saw a lot of people I recognise from my first visit here, and slightly gnawed my bold red lip at the sight of Lando back in a suit (a suit, not a race suit, although he does look good in both) Then we heard our names being called., and I spun on my heel. I saw Charlotte, Charles, Alex, Lily, Ria, Aarava, Niran, Steve, Lewis, Seb, Hannah, Pierre, Esteban and Elena. They all over, wondering why we were dressed like we were. "Well we stopped over by my parents house," Lando lied, "They were having this fancy lunch party, so we had to get dressed up. We didn't have time between our flight to go and get changed, so here we are!" I had to contain my laughter with how they reacted, because they believed every word Lando said. We all were standing around talking, and Lando and Seb were talking. "How did you get a place like this rented out?" he asked. "All the staff here treat us like we're their boss! It's crazy, I've never felt so pampered in my life.". "Well, it's good to know people my friend." 

After a while, we all got ready for the New Year's celebrations in the Ballroom. I grabbed on a strappy black top, and a miniskirt, whilst Lando got dressed into a different suit. When we entered the hall, everyone was already there, and the Ballroom had been transformed from its luxury self into a disco hall, everyone keeping the bartender from upstairs in the restaurant busy all night. I smiled as Lando took my arm, and we hung out with all of our second family. As it approached midnight, the countdown started. 

"5, 4 , 3, 2 ,1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" everyone shouted at the same time. People showed affection, and Lando pulled me into a long passionate kiss. After he pulled away to ensure I could catch my breathe, his hands stayed, cupping my cheeks. "Happy New Year love," I pulled him back in for one last round. "Happy New Year, I love you." 

INSTAGRAM

INBOX: 9+

landonorris

landonorris

happy new year :)  

let 21' bless you all like 20' blessed me <3

tagged: Sophia_CB

photo: alex_albon

Comments:

georgerussell63: you two needed to get a room to do that in!!!

landonorris: what if we did? ;)

Sophia_CB: ;)

 alex_albon: ok too much detail please I'm already scared from the photos, good job I was drunk enough to take those

charlotte_sine: happy new year you two!!!

liked by landonorris and Sophia_CB

Riabish: thanks for inviting me! p.s you two are cute

A/N: MASSIVE THANK YOU FOR 3K READS!!!!!!