«🦋» ──────» Interview (scrabblepost)

Taken by - nerd_positive

Author - scrabblepost

Achievement - 1st place in mystery/thriller /Fantasy genre

....

Nerdy - Good Afternoon!

First of all congratulations for winning first position in the Morpankh Awards.

Anjali: Thank you.

Nerdy: So ready for the interview?

Anjali: Okay.

Nerdy: So my first question, well more like a request is to tell our readers something about yourself. What do you perceive you are?

Anjali: The way you framed it is funny. I'm just an amateur trying to learn.

Nerdy: Oh pardon me for that XD but yes your down to earth nature is clearly visible with your answer.

Next question is regarding writing. While writing what problems did you face?

Anjali: The most common problem I face is laziness. I can't write only when I'm exhausted or lazy.

Nerdy: Oh, a trouble indeed. I was going through your book and the first thing I noticed was that your book is a Wattpad featured story, congrats. What would you like to recommend aspiring writers while writing a story?

Anjali: Thank you. Don't just write a book, edit it. I see a lot of people don't like to edit, and I can understand why, it's very important though.

Nerdy: Hmmm editing does help in improving grammatical mistakes. Have you ever faced trouble dealing with grammatical errors or perhaps describing certain scenes?

Anjali: My grammar skills are not that good. I always make mistakes. But I have improved a lot. World building is my favourite thing about writing so even if I'm having trouble while describing something it never bothers me. Between grammar and descriptions, I would say grammar troubles me more.

Nerdy: The title Empress of Doom is indeed an intriguing title for the book. What exactly does this title mean?

Anjali: I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Maybe it's not. I gave the title to the lead, Enavee. Even though she is the hero of the story, she becomes the cause of mass destruction. So, that's why The Empress of Doom.

Nerdy: Hmm anti hero as described in the story I suppose. When thinking of the main character of your story, how would you describe her?

Sorry for these obvious questions but these are necessary to make readers familiar with your book.

Anjali: It's okay. I think it's a good question.

I would say Enavee is what happens when someone powerless or mortal in this case gets a lot of power overnight. It will corrupt them. She's basically a weak girl who became the strongest in a blink of an eye so she's bound to be a little evil.

Nerdy: Balancing evil and goodness in a character is hard, what approach do you think a person should have while building a grey character?

Anjali: Keep it real. Don't take away the humanity of the character, even if it's in a fantasy world. Think how a normal human or you would react in a situation. Give your characters flaws. Don't make them too morally high people that do not exist.