•65•

@IrisMarini:

Liked by @Tchalamet, @MammaMarini and 1

Liked by @Tchalamet, @MammaMarini and 1.628.081 others
Sweetener

Comments under this post have been disabled

***
Iris POV:

Recording an album isn't an easy job.
Iris was painfully aware of that.

For the last three months, all she had done - from the moment she woke up till when she went to bed - was curate and perfect her album.

All that work had led her to stay isolated for some time, ignoring things and especially people. The only person who's actually been allowed to stay in the studio with her through it all was Lorenzo.
The Italian boy had been her saving grace, and truthfully she wouldn't have wanted anyone else with her.

Some songs were just too personal and raw for anyone else to hear them, and Lorenzo was good at listening and giving the right feedback.

Some may question why she wouldn't want her boyfriend with her, and it was simply because she wanted the songs to be a surprise for him.

Right now the singer was in her family home in Italy, laying on her bed whiles Lorenzo sat on the floor FaceTiming Riccardo, who was in a different region visiting some childhood friends.

<<She's just so amazing guys, I think I'm in love>> Iris's brother kept talking about Sabrina Carpenter, who he had recently started seeing.

<<I don't think I've ever seen you like this with anyone, I'm happy for you Ricky>> Lorenzo said.

<<Thanks man, what about you? Who's the special person?>> Iris could see Lorenzo slightly blushing and that made her sit up.

<<It's someone, but none of you guy's business>> this comment earned him a nudge on the shoulder by Iris.

<<I thought we were besties, come on tell us who it is>>

<<You know her, that's all I'm telling you>> the Italian boy hid his face into a pillow, before sighing.

<<That's all we get? Really?>> Iris fakes disappointment and ruffled her best friends hair.

<< Yeah cause you two don't know how to keep secrets>>

Iris rolled her eyes and turned to look at her phone that was laying besides her, she was expecting a call from her boyfriend soon.

<<Give us a hint, any hint>> Riccardo insisted, but Lorenzo didn't budge and instead went completely quiet.

<<I guess he won't talk now>> commented Iris playfully.

Her phone rang and she quickly got up to answer it in another room. She had been waiting for Timothee to call for four days now.

<<Iris, mon amour, let me explain before you say anything>> started the French boy.

<<Ok. Explain then>> she replied bitterly.

<<I know it's not a valid excuse but I was really really really busy this week. I know I know I know it doesn't explain why I've missed all your calls and replied to only a few your messages but I literally never had one minute to myself. Please forgive me>> pleaded Timothee.

<<Yeah, ok I forgive you. Just don't do it again. I was worried about you and I had to get updates on what you were working on by an Instagram page>>

<<I won't do it again my love. I'm so so sorry, again.>>

<<It's ok. I get it, it's fine, so how's the movie coming?>>

<<Amour, I'm sorry but I have to go now. I'll talk to you later>>

All Iris heard after that was the tu-tu-tuu of the call being ended, before she lay her phone back on the bed.

What a waste of time, she thought.